Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 Polishing

Stophen

Hi,

Last year I polished my Ford Focus Mk2 using the 3M Polishing Kit (Green - Compound / Yellow - polish / Blue - Finish): uk-aad-website-polishing-process-pdf.pdf

This year I just want to add a 'top up' and I was wondering if I could use either the polish or finish to achieve this or should I go for something like this: https://shop.autofinesse.co.uk/polish/tripple-500ml

I am using the 'Clarke CP185 Sander & Polisher' (https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-cp185-sander-polisher/).

Looking forward to your responses,

Stophen.

• 2 months later...

If it's been well polished, and washed well since, hopefully there shouldn't be much damage to the paint, so use an all in one like you mentioned, or maybe a filler heavy glaze, I like Prima Amigo. Autoglym Super Resin Polish is also great, it's a classic for a reason. I tend to use it when I want to polish by hand when I can't be bothered to take everything and get everything splattered by machine polishing. Then obviously seal or was the car to keep the fillers in. 

If the paint is in good condition I'd probably try a finishing polish to see how it comes out. If it works that would be good as you aren't cutting as much of the clearcoat. 

After that seal and wax it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club