Do Not Sell My Personal Information

engine/belts

lrh998

Hi guys,very new here aha,i'm a ford virgin,i have a 55 pate,3 door ford focus titanium (1.6)

the other day my aux (power steering belt) snapped and made my cam belt shread,the reason for the aux belt for snapping is my bottom pulley came off,pics to follow,is this threadded?sheered?or come out of press? will it be much to fix it ? also will it have bent valves? cheers guys !

pics below!

32239654_635818590143881_5048336355361292288_n.jpg

32095420_635818580143882_1863025996890898432_n.jpg

Wow...done that well!  It's snapped/sheared.  Has the cambelt come off or just got a bit damaged?  If it's come off there will be valve damage, if it's just been damaged but still runs then it should be ok and just need a new belt.  If theres valve damage it'll probably cost more to fix than the cars worth tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

how did the auxbelt snapping shread the cambelt??  has it gone through the plastic  timing cover? valves will be bent if that is the case.  the pulley that has come off is the power steering pulley. the shaft has snapped off. 

11 hours ago, iantt said:

how did the auxbelt snapping shread the cambelt?? 

I couldn't work that one out either.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wilto said:

I couldn't work that one out either.

+1 🤔

This used to happen regularly on the old 2.0 HDis, the aux belt would snap and take out the cambelt as well.  I wondered if there's a 'surge' as the weight of the auxillary items is taken away from the crank pulley maybe... 

the aux belt went and i replaced it,then it went again,upon friving the aux belt must have pushed the cambelt as it sits behind it,and then it half shreaded then come off,the car come to a stop and i turned it off as i was on a hill at the time.the garage man said he will put another cam belt on to see if it still runs fine,if not then i shall way it in or break it as it wont be worth fixing aha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club