Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORD KA mk1 - drivetrain problem

Gio1987

Hello guys,.

I've just purchased a 2005 Ford KA. It's not done many miles at all (10k, all backed up by MOTs).

In 5th gear, cruising at 70mph plus, the gearbox vibrates a fair bit. There is no movement from side-to-side, just quite a lot of vibration, as if the car is under heavy acceleration.

It's been a long time since I drove an original KA: can someone tell me if this is quite normal for the car or if it's worth me checking the car into a garage for them to inspect all of the drivetrain elements?

Thanks,

Gio

for a 13 yr old car to only have done 10k thak tell me to

be alarmed or really be pleased .

it sould not vibrate like you are saying

i would have the tyres checked and balanced and gearbox oil and power steering oil replaced

and like you said have the car checked over incase something has gone adrift.

remember its old and the rubber parts deteorate so it maybe a lower joint thats on its way out

Thank you... it's like a time warp. I haven't seen one as clean underneath as this one. But totally hear you on the fact that age is age and things dry out/ crack.

I'll get it into a decent garage for a full check.

Gio

cheers gio1987 keep us posted if you find out if there is anything thats gone adrift as it will help us to help others on this site

Getting it all checked this Friday, so I'll let you know!

All was very well with the car. Few bits greased and I was told to start driving it! I've got some more questions, but will start separate threads on them. Please do shout up if you can help me.

Thanks!

Gio

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club