Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are all 2017 focus titanium supposed to have LED day lights?

Jorg

I don't think I have the appearance pack but then I didn't buy this new. I have drls on my 17 titanium but standard tints not the blacked out type and standard tit wheels. Seems to be many varients of specs from Ford. 

On 5/11/2018 at 5:55 PM, James said:

My 2015 Titanium doesn't have Drl's and I doubt the 2017 Titaniums have them as a standard item either. They are part of appearance pack as far as I know.  I'm going to look into fitting Xenon's maybe next year when my warranty with the dealer is up. Will not bother with the washers as what use is a bit of water been sprayed onto the lights going to achieve 🤔! I Will keep them clean anyways. 

Good luck passing your MOT without the washers. You'll be surprised how much of a difference a little bit of water at high pressure sprayed on the lights will make when they are dirty in the winter. I certainly notice the difference in output when mine are dirty due to the number of miles I do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Good luck passing your MOT without the washers. You'll be surprised how much of a difference a little bit of water at high pressure sprayed on the lights will make when they are dirty in the winter. I certainly notice the difference in output when mine are dirty due to the number of miles I do.

Look point taken, just didn't think headlight washers would make such a difference. Also I have seen others with the Hid lights installed in their Focus's aftermarket so they must take them out and put in the old ones before the test? I may just invest in better bulbs instead. /😞Aswell as function I kind want them for the looks ha. I think the headlights is the number one thing that makes the car look a bit dated. Nearly all other car makers have Hid or led lights as Standard, and not just on the top trim levels. Love the front end of the current Mazda 3. 

19 hours ago, James said:

Look point taken, just didn't think headlight washers would make such a difference. Also I have seen others with the Hid lights installed in their Focus's aftermarket so they must take them out and put in the old ones before the test? I may just invest in better bulbs instead. /😞Aswell as function I kind want them for the looks ha. I think the headlights is the number one thing that makes the car look a bit dated. Nearly all other car makers have Hid or led lights as Standard, and not just on the top trim levels. Love the front end of the current Mazda 3. 

Doubt they are taking them out. Probably slipping the MOT bloke a fiver. The looms are completely different for HID Adaptive headlights for the MK3.5 as you have cornering lights (There are no non-adaptive HIDs on this generation), and motors galore plus there is a control module in the lights that works on the canbus network. Plus you'll need the auto levelling so that you don't blind anyone too. The "HIDs" you're probably seeing are Fake HID housings using existing halogen wiring.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Well chaps.this has been very useful info for me

I have bought a 66plate titanium and was expecting daytime running lights on it as standard...i thought being a titanium and pretty high spec

However it hasnt..pity but i should have checked more thoroughly on Fords website...in hindsight...

It seems it comes as an appearance pack feature ?...which i think is pretty crap tbh..

Lesson learned..

Next one i purchase will ensure it has them on..a really good safety feature in my opinion..

Another point is that when the car was built..they forgot to put them in !!!...Or theyve died like a light bulb does !!.

Would be interested in Ford's viewpoint on my queries ?  If you are reading in

Thanks

• Haha 2

On 5/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, Kevin Price said:

Would be interested in Ford's viewpoint on my queries ?  If you are reading in

Thanks

daytime running lamps have been mandatory on all cars built since 2011. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

daytime running lamps have been mandatory on all cars built Type approved since 2011. 

Let me correct that for you. 🙂

MK3 was before then, Bit annoying it was approved just before Feb 2011, if i don my cynic hat a second i cant help but wonder if ford did that on purpose, rushed / timed the release to avoid EU DRL rules...

In any case, 2 year bump?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

fda08a9440ddf76f6ae37251672ffcad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

fda08a9440ddf76f6ae37251672ffcad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

And the Lord said “let there be light” and there was light! ...just not LED 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And God saw the light, and it was good; and God divided the light from the LED and the halogen. 

Amen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If it has Sync 3 it will have LED DRLs and rear LED lamps, plus the car will have keyless entry.

If it has Sync 2 then LED DRLs and tail lamps were only fitted in conjunction with the appearance pack, which included privacy glass and 17" wheels

My car is 15 years old, well before DRL era. However, it really didn't cost that much to get her sorted with nice shiny LEDs. If you really want them, plenty of after market stuff now available...

442074293_DRLnonumber.thumb.jpg.58812ad326c0b013b278a118668b6893.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club