Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Miles Do You Get From A Full Tank Of Fuel.

james_60

How many miles a tank. please reply with engine specs  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Miles Are You Getting From A Full Tank Of Fuel

• 300 Miles (Petrol)
    • 325 Miles (Petrol)
    • 350 Miles (Petrol)
    • 375 Miles (Petrol)
    • 400 Miles Plus (Petrol)
    • Not a petrol owner
  2. 2. Diesel Owners Question

• 375 Miles (Diesel)
    • 400 Miles (Diesel)
    • 425 Miles (Diesel)
    • 450 Miles (Diesel)
    • 475 Miles Plus (Diesel)
    • Not a diesel owner

I would cry if mine had ever been that low!

How much do you average? Any ideas why mine is so low? I don't exactly have a lead foot, I give it the beans every now and again but not much although most of my driving is round the doors rather than on a long run

My lifetime average was 58.5, I used to get 60-65 in the summer months.

iNath

ryanmorton

I thought it was a bit low too :blink:

I'm quite happy that my 1.4 is averaging between 48 and 50mpg on this tank of fuel :)

I had a mk6 1.4 zetec about a year ago and mine used to get around 48+ aswell, was getting around 480-500 mile to a tank

I had a mk6 1.4 zetec about a year ago and mine used to get around 48+ aswell, was getting around 480-500 mile to a tank

When I filled up I had 429 miles til empty. I reset my trip computer so I'll see how many miles I'll get with this tank

360 miles per tank, 58 plate Focus Titanium 2.0 Duratec, Johnde

Do you guys normally reset the MPG after you fill up the tank?

Yep every time.

just starting to get better mileage in my 1.0 L ecoboost fiesta zetec.....getting around 430 miles to a full tank averaging around 48mpg after 2500 miles on clock

What happens if you don't reset it. Do you have to reset it every time?

Not obligatory to re set it every time but if you are doing fuel mileage calculations it does make it a lot easier.

Just over 600 on last tank :P

Done for now 657KM one one tank with my new petrol 2013 ZS. Cruise con on motorway every day 120KM to go to work and back. Then on weekends thrashing it on coutnry side roads =).

Cant complain. I hav eonyl done 1400Km which is 870Miles.

so i do 408 Miles one one tank, should i expect this to go down around the 2000Miles mark?

• 2 weeks later...

Did 620km (385miles) on full last tank on my 2013 Zetec S, half of it is a 330km long trip (~160km/h for about 150km on motorway) , rest of it hanging arround, city driving etc.

Done ~4200km to present day (2600 miles).

Is that good scoore?

Drove from Halifax to Peacehaven near Brighton a couple of weeks ago to visit friends granted nearly all motorway but averaged 48mpg over 274 miles at a pretty steadt70-80 mph and only cost me £38 to fill back up for the return trip. Well impressed with that.

Return trip was at 85-90mph and aircon on all the way still only cost me £42 and all on cheap (relative) supermarket fuel.

Normal daily commute to Leeds I average 38mpg, 30+ miles a day Aroad/motorway combos but most of its at under 50mph, it is the M62 after all, then a good blast when ever I can just to clean the valves out!

Used to have the mk6.5 diesel 1.4 and that managed a constant 63mpg in the summer and 58mpg in the winter. now got the mk7.5 econetic 1.6 diesel and thats doing 68 mpg at the moment without trying to hard. always get over 500 miles to the tank without draining it to the red line. If i get really anal i can get over 75mpg depending on roads and traffic etc.

so driving like a complete ECOmaniac i have manged this today after filling up the tank lol.

Started at 597, drove 100km back home and had this:

05288794-A049-47C9-832F-0CCA6DEEF64B-192

drove home from my parents house and now its up to 653km to 0 =D.

But this is driving at 10km under speed limit on motorway. But i'm pretty pleased, my goal would be to get up too 700km. I will try it out in two weeks when driving 1200km down to spain =).

oh its a zetec S 1.0 125ps 2013 fiesta

MK7 1.6GDTI ST, 425 miles, Only has 1500 miles on the odo, so it will get better.

aww us older fiesta owners dont count :( my mk6 53 plate fiesta 230-300 depends on how i push her and how full i put her juice in

MK4 1.25, rarely do i get anything over 300 miles to a £40 tank

• 4 weeks later...

Compared to my last post, car is nicely run in and i'm getting 69.1 mpg.... And on course for 610 miles to the tank.

Thats 65 to 70 mph on the main roads, i did 210 miles and barely used a 1/4 of a tank, including getting stuck in traffic every day on the commute home.

So far loving the ZS, and now returning it to have a wave of updates fitted..... :D :D :D :D :D

1.0 EcoBoost.

Last tank I was averaging 44 mpg and did 350 miles with 70 miles left in the tank (according to the computer) before filling up.

Averaging 47.5mpg on this tank, only got 800 miles on the clock so far!

I can never really afford to fill a full tank. But in my Fiesta MK6 Zetec TDCI, a tenner roughly gets me 100 miles. Which is very good in my opinion.

2004 Fiesta Finesse (Mark 6.5?) 1.2 Duratec Petrol Engine. I get just over 400 miles to each tank - how far over 400 I go depends on how risky I'm feeling!

Sadly, I have recorded every drop of fuel I have put in the car over the 4 years we've had it, and always fill the tank. As a result, I can tell you that:

Average across 4 years, all driving conditions = 42.58 MPG

Lowest MPG: 37.89

Highest MPG: 50.86

Mileage now at 53K; owned by mother-in-law until 2009; we got it with 10K on the clock in 2009.

It really is a great little car. It's mainly used as a second car, local runs, but occasionally gets longer journeys.

2005 mk 6.5 Zetec Climate. I've had her for 2 weeks now done 1000 miles filled her up last friday, 478 miles on the trip with 40 miles left in the tank when i put more in today. Average 58 mpg (according to the computer)

I currenlty get 59.9mpg according to the computer it reached 60mpg but I have a heavy right foot, this is with roof bars on and I have fitted a K&N air filter fitted. not sure if this is good for my car. Its a 1.6TDCI 09 plate