Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New car value loss

ToXIcG
聽Share

What's your opinion on people who say you'd be stupid to buy a car from the dealer because as soon as you drive it the value drops a load?

My view on it is, if I want to get the exact specifications I want then a dealer is my best option.

I'm not posting this asking for advice, just curious. 馃檪

Too many variables, there are plenty of good reasons for buying brand new.聽 But I'm unlikely to ever be in a position to do so myself, the savings on a 'used' car that's just 6 months old are huge.

• Like 1

I think it's better to get it second hand. Like you said the value decreases a lot after it rolls out the dealership. Plus you don't know whether their might be a recall on an underlying issue. Yeah you can't pick the spec however I'm sure it's not hard finding a car with the prefered specs. For example my zetec s can be specced with electric mirrors or power folding, rear factory tints, climate control, red dashboard, part leather or full leather seats, heated front windscreen, auto lights and steering wheel controls. I myself wanted at least electric mirrors and part leather seats however I was kind of lucky and got the one I have now with those 2 extras including rear factory tints, steering wheel controls, red dash and heated front windscreen. I do have to say I have not seen a mk6.5 fiesta zetec s with these extras on it so that could be advantage on getting a new car. You can pick what extras you want.聽

• Like 1

Somebody's got to buy new cars, so if you're聽happy spending your money, to get the car you want it doesn't matter what other people think.

Get the best price you can and the loss is reduced a bit

• Like 1

The discounts you can get close the gap somewhat. The finance is often very competitive which also offsets some of the difference unless you have the cash for a used one.

There are pros and cons each way. I like being able to get the exact specifications I'm after, and with cars like the ST, not worrying about how it's been driven by the previous owner(s)

I've bought two 6 month old cars and two factory orders so far with my third on order. For me, the difference wasn't that great. A lot of people end up comparing their saving to the RRP.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club