Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery dying quickly, is it done?

Diastolic

resorted to finding my original post where i informed the forum of the reset procedure in2015, if you want to have a go at reseting battery monitoring, just do as follows

"Ign on for 10 secs, press rear foglight switch 5 times, press hazzard switch 3 times, wait 10 secs. battery light flashes. Ign off

use car, and see if that fixes"

Ah that was it. The thread was called something like "automatic start/start" or something...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, iantt said:

press rear foglight switch 5 times, press hazard switch 3 times

Ian, as they are odd numbers that would leave the fogs and hazards on. Is that correct or do you mean turn them on and off 5 and 3 times?

I can confirm you just press the buttons 5 and 3 times respectively. Unless you have your lights on as well when doing this, your fogs won't be on, but yes, your hazards will be on until the battery light on the dash flashes.

Then you can turn them off 🙂

10 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Unless you have your lights on as well when doing this, your fogs won't be on

Presumably if you forgot to press again once the sequence had been completed they would come on next time you switch the headlamps on. That would potentially be illegal.

Do you know I'm not sure. Might be worth a quick test. As it's a push to make button, chances are it only has memory while the lights are on.

I remember being a passenger in a mate's car who was the sort of plonker to drive everywhere with his rally-style fogs on cos his car looked "well wicked, mate, innit?". Friend of @Stoney871's pulled him in the daytime and asked him why his fogs were on as it's not foggy, to which my mate replied "well, officer, it's not dark but you have your headlights on..." As most coppers seem to drive with lights on. Needless to say he failed the attitude test...

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Needless to say he failed the attitude test

😀😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club