Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 2012 1.6 TDCi removing driver air bag

miniimp

Does anyone know how to remove the driver air bag on this model?

Every guide I've seen says to poke a screwdriver in the holes next to the screw holes to release the clips.

My steering wheel has no holes other than the screws. I've got this steering wheel. There's no visible screws or clips after removing the buttons.

You may have to cut them into the wheel covering yourself

113D628E-4D06-4036-823F-A1EA7FB4B5A3.jpeg

That doesn't sound right. Removing parts that are designed to be removed should not require cutting/drilling it.

cutting a slot for screw driver for each clip is required. you should find slight markings/indentations on either side of steering wheel to guide you where to cut a slot. after cutting its hardly noticable where the cuts are. 

why do you need to remove the airbag? 

• 4 weeks later...

Had another look, the correct solution is to remove the cover from steering column and the clips are easily accessible. No cutting required.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

just need to replace fiesta 2019 complete airbag kit (dash and driver) was just wondering if any of the members could help me find online resources (manual or videos) to do it all by myself. Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club