Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service went in with engine cover went out without

Bernz

My wife bought a 2012 fiesta zetec 1.25 second hand  last year. She loved it engine very tidy with cover on top. Went for a service got the car back in the afternoon. I popped the hood and the cover’s gone. Went back the next morning, complained about it. He went oline and said he see no cover on this engine online. Who ever got interested on it didn’t expect that I know what’s under my hood. The guy who did the job said it went without cover. Any one with the same model and with cover can please send pictures so I can go back with evidence. Thanks!

Just point to the bare mounting pins and stand your ground.

They don't fit pins if there's no need for a cover.

• Like 1

Not my picture, but this is what our Fiestas look like.Zetec_SE_125_1.thumb.jpg.22c3d5045efba0dc2ec8d46b2e5a7fae.jpg

• Like 1

Mums got a 2011 Titanium, has got a cover (took me ages to figure out how to get it off!).

My Focus has inserts for a cover, but has never had one afaik.

ive never seen an engine cover on a fiesta 1.25 or any other varient except for the diesels. 

Thanks,Ford fiesta didn’t come with cover that’s their argument.I went to ford as well and people selling cars with same model there’s none. I don’t know where or how the previous owner got it but it had a cover black plastic on top of the engine with ford embossed on it. It’s sad that I didn’t take picture of it before it went in. I was admiring it everytime I pop the hood because it was very tidy looking with it. I’m looking online for after market but no luck.

• 6 months later...

I've Just had the same problem, had my 1.25 Fiesta since new 2009 put in for service & MOT. Six weeks later I had a battery fail, lifted the bonnet, no engine cover. When the bonnet was lifted I couldn't figure it out at first, I had never seen the spark plugs or the back of the engine compartment. Just left the garage after a self restrained tet-a-tet with the staff. I reckon the mechanic figured it was some old dears car because of the low mileage and disposed of the offending object. I was told that it wasn't on the parts list so there couldn't have been a cover fitted in the first place! I wish I had taken a picture of it to stick in their lying faces.

My previous Fiesta was a 2012 1.25 Zetec and that didn't have an engine cover.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

covers for these and the 1.6 Ti-VCT are hard to come by - the screw holes are clearly there for them. I'd have loved one on mine but never could find one.

Shame it came out without one - might be why it did... because of how hard it is to find them...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club