Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally got a ST

Ryan_Tango
聽Share

After owning a Fiesta for 2 years after passing my test I loved how much fun it was to drive a real go kart feel, but sadly no poke with it being a 96bhp 1.4 Petrol, so I then bought a Focus MK3 1.6 TDCi which I gladly owned and was in no rush to sell at all and only did because of a enquiry with Arnold Clark went really well, I finally bought a car I really wanted from the start and to be honest I'm quite proud of my self.聽

I'm getting around 360 miles a tank with quite a bit of spirited driving but no going over the speed limits so not bad 馃檪

I get better fuel economy out of the ST than what I did with my first Fiesta聽馃槷

Below are pictures of my old cars and now my new ST.

Fiesta 1.4 Petrol

1.thumb.jpg.d42f9c32feed3b2ae0b76252011d8b3d.jpg

Focus MK3 1.6 TDCi (115)

2.jpg.0ee9ef8b2cbf9ddea335d19ac047d6bb.jpg

Same car but Modified with 150BHP 350NM and Zetec S bodykit聽

30411670_10216347785185907_456029293797965824_o.thumb.jpg.649d32541e5da7fb61cc7bc2a2f720f7.jpg

My new ST

CAR.thumb.jpg.6013b454e392e1630e67f72e63563bce.jpg

• Like 5

Nice, I can't wait to get my Fiesta ST.

Focus as nice as it is, drives like a barge compared to the Fiesta. 馃槃

And it had to be a spirit blue one 馃槃

Looks nice Ryan!聽 Can I ask how much you got for the Focus? :ninja:

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Looks nice Ryan!聽 Can I ask how much you got for the Focus? :ninja:

Arnold Clark give me 6k 馃檪

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Arnold Clark give me 6k 馃檪

Nice, that's a decent part ex tbh. :smile:

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Nice, that's a decent part ex tbh. :smile:

For 70k miles yeah I was really pleased

1 hour ago, Ryan_Tango said:

For 70k miles yeah I was really pleased

Wow, mines only done 45k and I wouldn't expect much above that privately, was expecting around 拢5k for p/x!聽 I might look at Arnold Clark with a higher budget now. :biggrin:

9 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Wow, mines only done 45k and I wouldn't expect much above that privately, was expecting around 拢5k for p/x!聽 I might look at Arnold Clark with a higher budget now. :biggrin:

My car was also very like for like Titanium, I just put all the parts in that I had stored in the garage to see wat they would offer because I was being given rubbish (拢4.5k one of them) so I wondered if adding the rest of the stuff would help and it did the part exes went higher.聽

• Like 1

great price for your focus fella an the little fez st is looking good

Congrats, she's a beaut! Love the colour, too. It's really satisfying to work your way up to the car you want, isn't it?

I had a shorter journey to my new Ford;聽my first car was a 2002 Toyota Yaris T-Sport 1.5 (she was 12 years old when I got her, but still聽great fun to drive!), then I went straight to my 18 plate MK8 ST-Line 140PS. Can't believe the difference in comfort and performance!

RE: fuel efficiency, I've also noticed I'm having to buy a full tank around 3-4 days later than I would normally, so that's a bonus too. Am experimenting with EcoSelect mode on my latest tank of fuel - will be interesting to see if it delivers even more fuel economy. You do notice the much higher rev threshold before any kind of turbo kicks in, though. Best for when you're not overtaking or you know you're going to be taking things easy.

Anyway, congrats again!

Congratulation on getting the ST. I love mine to bits! Two years in and it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Currently 7 months in with my ST, had to remove聽a bad cone filter and added some bits to personalize it a bit, absolutely love it.聽 Got any plans for this ST?聽

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2018 at 10:38 AM, I'mAnExpertTrustMe said:

Currently 7 months in with my ST, had to remove聽a bad cone filter and added some bits to personalize it a bit, absolutely love it.聽 Got any plans for this ST?聽

For now I'm keeping it as is, comes October I'll be starting small, new hoses in engine bay and braided brake lines, going for either a red colour or blue undecided at the moment, next year will be persueing more power so, uprated clutch, front mount intercooler, engine roll restrictor, stage 2 or 3 induction kit and then in for a remap