Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost Engine Coding

Huw Traws

I had to change the engine on my Focus 1.6 Ecoboost. It is ruinning and driving perfect. But the engine management light keeps coming on with the code P0016. I have changed the Crank and Cam sensors and the light keep coming back on. A friend told me the injectors might be coded to the ECU, as he has a Skoda and had to take it to a Main Dealer to change an injector because they had to recode the new one. Does anyone know if the Ecoboost injectors or Engines even are coded different to different ECU's??

The problem might not be with your injectors. As you say p0016 is camshaft/camshaft timing issue. Changing parts roulette is an expensive game, there's no point in just replacing stuff for the sake of it. Are you sure the wiring isn't broken/ bad connection?

But yes, they will be coded, but you can do it yourself with a free piece of software called Forscan (with extended licence lasting for 2 months at a time). You then need a modified ELM327 cable to be able to use more features (including injector coding). Many people on here recommended this modified ELM327 obd2 scanner from Tunnelrat.

Ye i only changed them as i had them there, didnt go out of my way to buy them. The wiring and connections are all good, was one of the first things i checked. Ok great i will have a look at that thanks!

have you changed the timing belt on the new engine? 

No the engine had only done 13,500 miles

the 1.6 ecoboost has had a few changes over the years, perhaps your pcm and new engine are not compatable. was engine from a simular age focus? 

The engine came out of a Fiesta ST a year younger. I will look into the PCM like you just said

• 1 year later...

What did the problem end up being ?

On 5/16/2018 at 4:39 PM, Huw Traws said:

The engine came out of a Fiesta ST a year younger. I will look into the PCM like you just said

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club