Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air con Cold only on one side

spivvy

hi any one come across a problem with the aircon only cooling on one side of the car in this case the passenger side 

i don't have climate control just straight foward aircon ,

really strange ,

there are no diag errors 

No offence, but are the vents open on the driver's side? 😉

• Haha 1

Yes they are 

Fair enough but had to ask. I did exactly that the other day before realising I'd accidentally closed the vent at some point!

Does the same thing happen on the hot settings?

i will check 

Someone posted about this a couple of weeks ago, and since then it keeps popping up on the mk3 Focus Facebook page recently as well.  No-one seems to know what causes it but it affects both pre and post facelift, and manual and climate...  I wonder if it's simply that the heater matrix is on the drivers side so it's warming up that side of the HVAC system a bit more?

that would make sense , with hot air running through it seems the same on both side 

it's  annoying though 

• 3 months later...

update 3 weeks with ford and they can't diagnose the fault as 

it was getting worse in the recent summer it was blowing out hot air on my side and colder air on the other 

they don't know what it is 

1 hour ago, spivvy said:

update 3 weeks with ford and they can't diagnose the fault as 

it was getting worse in the recent summer it was blowing out hot air on my side and colder air on the other 

they don't know what it is 

They've had the car 3 weeks for AC diagnosis?  What are they doing with it!?  Have they drained and refilled the refrigerant yet as that seems to have helped with Iantt's on here though hasn't helped some of the people on FB.

• Like 1

Mines perfect now. Cold both vents. That ford garage sounds pretty useless. 

• Like 1

i have climate but had same issue. .it was noticably warmer on passenger side.i took it to fords thinking it could be a problem.  they regassed it and worked fine after that.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, spivvy said:

hi any one come across a problem with the aircon only cooling on one side of the car in this case the passenger side 

i don't have climate control just straight foward aircon ,

really strange ,

there are no diag errors 

Had the exact same on my mk 2.5. Straight after a 're-gas it happened. Took it back and they couldn't find how it could happen and recommended that I took it to ford.

I left it for over a year until the gas had emptied as I'd not used the aircon.

Had a re-gas done by another garage and had no problem after that. They did say, although I'm not sure how true this is, that if the first garage had overfilled the gas then that may have caused the problem.

Hope this helps.

Ford says it the heat exchanger this g under the dash, being repaired under warranty, hope it fixes the problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club