Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Sat Nav, again. On a Titanium X with reverse camera. FORScan went well...!

craig26283

Hello, 

Following on from my introduction post, here is my main reason for signing up. (aside from hopefully inputting, asking questions and I aim to make a good FORScan usage video)

I am in the process of installing Sat Nav into my car, it already had reversing camera.

Have done the FORScan bit, MFD 5 and check for Branded ICP (Which it was, as was already a Sony unit). 

So far all connected up ok, except shown below... (I have borrowed Willy's picture, if it needs to be removed, let me know and I'll get my own)

screenrear.jpg

I know 1 is for my rear camera, a HSD connector. Since my car already had the rear camera, it was being fed into the large black connector and through this forum I found out that it uses pins 6, 11 and 12. So far, so good. I also know that pin 1 and 2 on the HSD connector is for video and thus one off of the black plug should be for permanent +12v.

My question is, what pins(6 11 12) from the black plug goes to which on the HSD and +12v?!

Also, finding conflicting information about 2 and 3 on the image. Best I can tell is that its a pass through,  one goes up to the screen and then back down to the rear of the main unit? But I'm not so sure, as both are currently populated on my main unit the now, one black and one white. So nothing is connected to these at the moment. Any clarification? 

Thanks all! 

The green port is the Fakra camera connector the blue is the navigation aerial the black is for traffic and pink is for the display

Getting there with this, it all works fine after programming... Going to do the update from ford tomorrow on my way into town. 

Still need to suss out the rear camera video input. 

The camera can be a bit confusing as when I did mine I found the write ups were a bit conflicting

Pin 6 goes to pin 2 on the HSD

Pin 11 goes to pin 3 on the HSD

Pin 12 goes to pin 4 on the HSD

Pin 3 of the HSD is the shield, pin 2 and 4 are the positive and negative for the video camera signal, I can't remember which way round it is but think it's pin 2 positive and pin 4 negative

On 5/18/2018 at 11:21 PM, liamstears said:

The camera can be a bit confusing as when I did mine I found the write ups were a bit conflicting

Pin 6 goes to pin 2 on the HSD

Pin 11 goes to pin 3 on the HSD

Pin 12 goes to pin 4 on the HSD

Pin 3 of the HSD is the shield, pin 2 and 4 are the positive and negative for the video camera signal, I can't remember which way round it is but think it's pin 2 positive and pin 4 negative

Wonderful, thank you so much for this!  Will give it a try tomorrow and report back 🙂

Minor update, decided to order the hsd type z connector for this, the pins are tiny! 

I update my default radio to Sony and sat/nav, activated with Forscan, work great.

I use Sony facia, top cover and lcd, the head unit i use the stock, because it have usb connector, don't need Sync.

Its all plug and play, i only connect the blue fakra to a antena gps (i acquisition separated), the rest i leave alone (dont know were pink and black connect)

About Integrated Control Panel , have Standart from default, change to Branded ICP and Extended ICP, nothing change....

The only problem i have, don't have a logo Ford when i enter the car, only have blue/purple squares, maybe is because i dont have the head unit with Sync, don't know

• 4 months later...

Hi @craig26283

Where did you order the hsd connector from out of interest? Looking into connecting a reversing camera myself.

Thanks

From eBay, I'll get the listing and information later when home, been dragged out shopping the now.

On 10/8/2018 at 8:28 AM, Lebadoo said:

Hi @craig26283

Where did you order the hsd connector from out of interest? Looking into connecting a reversing camera myself.

Thanks

From eBay I'll get the listing and information later when home, been dragged out shopping the now.

Hi @craig26283,

It's okay I've got one on order now. I've done the rest of the sat nav retrofit. Do you know what each of the 4 pins on the HSD connector do? Does one need to go to the BCM to get the reverse camera guidelines to move?

I have got a problem with my sat nav voice not coming through - there has been mention of moving wires from the back of the screen to the radio unit. Do you know which pins these are?

58 minutes ago, Lebadoo said:

Hi @craig26283,

It's okay I've got one on order now. I've done the rest of the sat nav retrofit. Do you know what each of the 4 pins on the HSD connector do? Does one need to go to the BCM to get the reverse camera guidelines to move?

I have got a problem with my sat nav voice not coming through - there has been mention of moving wires from the back of the screen to the radio unit. Do you know which pins these are?

Hey, 

Glad you got one ordered, but for reference it was this on that I bought https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-HSD-Fakra-Z-Waterblue-Crimp-female-Socket-Connector-for-Dacar-535-4-pole/292362378497?epid=26011064188&hash=item441227dd01:g:PK4AAOSwxzdaKgDC:rk:2:pf:0

For reverse camera, mine is a genuine ford one which was fitted at build not an aftermarket one, the cables it requires are currently on the main black block that goes into the rear of the screen device. This is someone elses image, but with my notes on top... this is what I done. Took the cables from the main block and wired them up as seen in the attached image. It works as it did before, the guide lines move, the blocks colour, etc.

Sat Nav voice I haven't done actually, I always turn it off on Google Maps and everything, so didn't bother me. Will be looking into it soon for the sake of completion, so will let you know! 

Let me know if there is anything else and how you get on. 

Craig

thumbnail - Copy.jpg

Cracking, that's the one I've ordered!

That picture is really helpful thanks Craig. I've ordered a cheapo eBay camera with a yellow phono/RCA output so I'll play around and see if that works and let you know.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:24 PM, Lebadoo said:

Cracking, that's the one I've ordered!

That picture is really helpful thanks Craig. I've ordered a cheapo eBay camera with a yellow phono/RCA output so I'll play around and see if that works and let you know.

So I've since had a play.

Programmed my car to show the reverse camera screen when in reverse gear on forscan - that bit works. Made a patch cable to go from the hsd/fakra connector to a female yellow RCA. Used the signal +ve pin on the HSD/Fakra to the signal on the RCA and then the shield pin on the HSD/Fakra to shield of the RCA. Tested this patch cable for continuity and it does. Tested the camera was getting ignition live power and supplying a video feed by plugging it into a tv. All good here.

So surely my camera feed should display when I go into reverse? But it just has a black/blank display. Thought that the pin terminals of my HSD connector might not be making contact so clipped the pins on manually and still nothing.

As the green connection on the screen has a signal +ve and signal -ve as well as shield I think the ford OEM reverse cameras might produce a "balanced" signal (that is the -ve signal is the exact mirror of the +ve so that noise/interference can be cancelled out at the receiving end when decoded). All the literature online about balanced signals refers to audio, but this shouldn't make a difference because it's still transmitted by RCA cable (like audio).

So I've tried grounding the signal -ve pin on the screen and still no luck! Has anyone any suggestions of what else to troubleshoot? Has anyone managed to get an RCA camera working on the standard ford screen?

So I got an RCA reverse camera working!

Turns out I was reading the diagram Craig gave me above wrong and didn't realise that was the socket on the screen rather than the plug! The signal -ve wire needs to be grounded on the RCA shield as well.

I don't get guidelines, and fear that there probably isn't any way to do this but that no biggie for my usage. If anyone has found a way though I would be interested to hear!

Thanks for everyone's help here, I appreciate it. If anyone has any questions about my install I'll be happy to answer and contribute back!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 11:54 PM, Lebadoo said:

So I got an RCA reverse camera working!

Turns out I was reading the diagram Craig gave me above wrong and didn't realise that was the socket on the screen rather than the plug! The signal -ve wire needs to be grounded on the RCA shield as well.

I don't get guidelines, and fear that there probably isn't any way to do this but that no biggie for my usage. If anyone has found a way though I would be interested to hear!

Thanks for everyone's help here, I appreciate it. If anyone has any questions about my install I'll be happy to answer and contribute back!

That's awesome, glad you got it working! 

Can't help with the guide lines, lets see if anyone else knows...! 

Looking at the wiring diagram in Haynes, the BCM has an output to the OEM camera and the camera overlays the guidelines before sending to the display - so I'm not sure that it'll be possible without an Arduino or some such intercepting and overlaying.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Since you guys have also upgraded to the Sony Nav kit do either of you happen to know why the radio TEST mode no longer works after doing the Nav retrofit. Much like the TEST mode on the clocks....... or does yours work?

Procedure to access ACM TEST DIAG

Press and hold down the "OK" button on the Radio panel fascia whilst switching the IGN from OFF to ON. (OR from ACC1 to ACC2 on non keyless)

Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, M6 44t car park attendant said:

Hey guys

Since you guys have also upgraded to the Sony Nav kit do either of you happen to know why the radio TEST mode no longer works after doing the Nav retrofit. Much like the TEST mode on the clocks....... or does yours work?

Procedure to access ACM TEST DIAG

Press and hold down the "OK" button on the Radio panel fascia whilst switching the IGN from OFF to ON. (OR from ACC1 to ACC2 on non keyless)

Thanks in advance

I have no idea sorry, didn't know there was a radio test.

Mine seems to be working fine, so haven't needed to go looking.

What problems are you having that it needs tested?

32 minutes ago, craig26283 said:

I have no idea sorry, didn't know there was a radio test.

Mine seems to be working fine, so haven't needed to go looking.

What problems are you having that it needs tested?

I've been talking about this with Zico it seems his nav unit doesn't do this test either. It was a good explanation so I'll just paste it here 😁

"I have a suspicion that the nav screen unit operates more independently compared to the std screens. The non-nav screens are configured on the "low" bus where the display are essentially slaves to the ACM and therefore share a closer link to the same test capabilities as the IPC in the dash. I wanted to know if the std factory fit nav models also didn't have that function, or if I had some hidden (not identified in anything other than IDS) faults. That's good news then.."

As for problems.....I've noticed the system can be a little slow to respond at times, such as staying on the blue/purple squares for up to 4 seconds after IGN on. I'm not sure it's a problem or more a trait, I found lots of settings in the IPC central configuration of options that the car had hardware for and were disabled or mis-configured, naturally I went flicking switches😁  After configuring the Speakers setup in the IPC I found the system reacts more fluidly. I wonder if there were countless authentication errors slowing the system down.

As far as I know, no one has ever been in there, it matches the ford ASBUILT I downloaded.

That is until I tweaked it....

I also need to do the sync 1.1 upgrade, have you done it?

Am I better sticking with the D1BT module from Fiesta or the E1BT module (these are newer...found in the ecosport and Focus after 2014 IIRC) I'm sure I remember reading a successful install of the E1BT to sync 1.1 plus it got a better processor and retained the second usb......useful for hard drives full of music....

1 minute ago, M6 44t car park attendant said:

As for problems.....I've noticed the system can be a little slow to respond at times, such as staying on the blue/purple squares for up to 4 seconds after IGN on. 

Actually, is yours blue/purple squares or a ford logo?

I think I read somewhere you can change it with a few lines in the ASBUILT data on the ACM.

11 hours ago, M6 44t car park attendant said:

Actually, is yours blue/purple squares or a ford logo?

I think I read somewhere you can change it with a few lines in the ASBUILT data on the ACM.

Ours will always be the squares sadly, the new mk8 touch screens can be changed to the ford, fiesta st, etc. logos. 

11 hours ago, M6 44t car park attendant said:

I've been talking about this with Zico it seems his nav unit doesn't do this test either. It was a good explanation so I'll just paste it here 😁

"I have a suspicion that the nav screen unit operates more independently compared to the std screens. The non-nav screens are configured on the "low" bus where the display are essentially slaves to the ACM and therefore share a closer link to the same test capabilities as the IPC in the dash. I wanted to know if the std factory fit nav models also didn't have that function, or if I had some hidden (not identified in anything other than IDS) faults. That's good news then.."

As for problems.....I've noticed the system can be a little slow to respond at times, such as staying on the blue/purple squares for up to 4 seconds after IGN on. I'm not sure it's a problem or more a trait, I found lots of settings in the IPC central configuration of options that the car had hardware for and were disabled or mis-configured, naturally I went flicking switches😁  After configuring the speakers setup in the IPC I found the system reacts more fluidly. I wonder if there were countless authentication errors slowing the system down.

As far as I know, no one has ever been in there, it matches the ford ASBUILT I downloaded.

That is until I tweaked it....

I also need to do the sync 1.1 upgrade, have you done it?

Am I better sticking with the D1BT module from Fiesta or the E1BT module (these are newer...found in the ecosport and Focus after 2014 IIRC) I'm sure I remember reading a successful install of the E1BT to sync 1.1 plus it got a better processor and retained the second usb......useful for hard drives full of music....

Lots of mine is misconfigured also, any side effects from changing them all to as actual spec? 

Interesting about the test, I'll try it when in the car shortly and see what happens. 

I didn't need a new Bluetooth/sync module, so I haven't replaced mine. Track info etc was ok. 

I have updated the system to the most recent version tho, 5.9 I think. 

I like playing around with things, seems you do too!

7 hours ago, craig26283 said:

Ours will always be the squares sadly, the new mk8 touch screens can be changed to the ford, fiesta st, etc. logos. 

Damn, yeah it confuses the hell outta me when the all new fiesta is called the mk8 yet some people call the facelift mk8. 

If there's a way, I'll find it and post back 😎

Edited by M6 44t car park attendant
Damn autocorrect!

7 hours ago, craig26283 said:

Lots of mine is misconfigured also, any side effects from changing them all to as actual spec? 

Interesting about the test, I'll try it when in the car shortly and see what happens. 

I didn't need a new Bluetooth/sync module, so I haven't replaced mine. Track info etc was ok. 

I have updated the system to the most recent version tho, 5.9 I think. 

I like playing around with things, seems you do too!

There was one that didn't like my change.....

I think it was something like  "USB with iPad connectivity in IDM" the ACM threw a U code for incompatible configuration.

There's a few that are intentionally not configured. 

Like passenger airbag switch -is only for fitting an aftermarket switch, basically it inhibits faults for disconnecting the front passenger airbag..... if the car had the switch as from factory then that stays as not configured

Perhaps the most interesting find was the ability to change engine type!

My car is the 95ps 1.6tdci

Silly ford decided not to make a mk7.5 full power 1.6tdci however the option for DV6C is listed in the config. 🤠

The main differences between the DV6D(95PS) and the DV6C(115PS) are 

VNT turbo GT1244VZ - as opposed to the wastegated TD02h2 

Injectors Delphi - as opposed to Bosch

Siemens PCM/ECU - as opposed to Bosch

Obviously engine bay loom has different plugs for the injectors and ECU 

I have the turbo already, the sensor calibration is close to the exact opposite to the standard waste gated turbo and so the PCM had no control, I had to fit a third party VNT controller and fool the car into believing everything was dandy. In the end I got sick of it not being perfect and removed it.

I think if I can get the other hardware cheap enough I can remove the immo on the Siemans PCM or rewrite it to match my VIN and have a bash at making a ford spec upgrade guide 

Plus, if emmisions still meet the EURO V that both cars share from factory..... there can be no upset come MOT time

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club