Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which spare wheel clamp for mk8?

Jonson

Can anybody tell me which part number spare wheel retaining bolt I need for a mk8 fiesta? 

I am making a diy kit using the spare wheel from my previous car - I have 2 types of retaining bolts , neither of which fit because they are too short. ...?

TIA, Jon

Thanks for that! I have that part but it isn't long enough?? What size is your spare?

Hi

Looks like Ford Parts have got it wrong. The photos are the actual bits out of my car. I have a 14" X 5.5 steel wheel fitted with a 175/65 R14 trye.

The actual threaded rod is 173mm long. The plastic bit on it holds the jack in place.

On the round plastic wheel retaining disc are the following  numbers F1EC-1402-AA and B4V0A >POM (FoMoCo)

On the jack retaining piece are the numbers B17A012. Not certain if this is the complete number as there is a bit of scoring at the bottom end.

Hope this helps.20180517_155012.thumb.jpg.d779c25bc54668ab49d8fe55ed4252d6.jpg20180517_155048.thumb.jpg.d30095caf40443adffe4911e3d7adaaa.jpg

That's fantastic! Thank you very much indeed for your help!

1 hour ago, Jonson said:

That's fantastic! Thank you very much indeed for your help!

No google success for that part though - except 1 hit on Polish eBay..... 🤔

If you are having problems finding the correct part could you not buy a length of threaded rod. Cut it to length and then cut out a disc of ply or MDF just a bit larger than the centre hole in the wheel and then use a nut to tighten it onto the wheel. Bit of a bodge but it should work.

33 minutes ago, jsk said:

If you are having problems finding the correct part could you not buy a length of threaded rod. Cut it to length and then cut out a disc of ply or MDF just a bit larger than the centre hole in the wheel and then use a nut to tighten it onto the wheel. Bit of a bodge but it should work.

Yes, indeed, could do that if it comes to it. Will continue investigating...

There is a 145mm, would that still be too short?  Other option would be a Focus full size one which is 214mm and cut it down to fit.

• 4 weeks later...

For future reference:

It looks like more parts for the mk8 were added to the Fordparts site, here is the link for the spare wheel kit, which also helpfully gives a breakdown of each part:

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/ford-fiesta-14-spare-wheel-kit-plus-tyre-2017-on-3733

I got the bits I wanted and the bolt etc all fits fine. Strangely, when the foam tool holder is on the top of my wheel, the kit is slightly higher than the wheel well so the boot floor doesn't quite fit flush - is this the case with the factory supplied kit?

Hi

Just checked my factory fitted one and the boot floor on mine fits flush.

I have noticed though that if you fit the re-fueling adapter with the cut out facing up it does cause the floor to raise slightly due to it fouling the adapter.

Thanks for that. I wonder if my old spare wheel is actually a slightly different design or off set.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club