Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel getting into engine oil

Neilb

getting diesel into my engine oil , at quite an alarming rate , car is a 2007 mk4 mondeo tdci , , no obvious warning signs , starts okay with no smoke , can cut out when cold though , changed the fuel pump as I was told it could be this but still no joy , has anyone else ever experienced this?

Ps I’ve had the diagnostics checked and there are no faults coming up , also it’s had a new egr and dpf in the past 10k miles

Failing DPF regens do this, it's not unusual on anything with a DPF.  But worse if the car regularly does short cold trips.

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Failing DPF regens do this, it's not unusual on anything with a DPF.  But worse if the car regularly does short cold trips.

I’ve been told this Tom , thing is most of my miles are done on the motorway, did have a new dpf approximately 8k ago but it wasn’t a genuine ford one , would this make a difference?

13 hours ago, Neilb said:

I’ve been told this Tom , thing is most of my miles are done on the motorway, did have a new dpf approximately 8k ago but it wasn’t a genuine ford one , would this make a difference?

It still seems to happen even on high milers as well, just not usually as much.  Non genuine DPFs often aren't as efficient and don't tend to last as long, but shouldn't be a direct cause for failing regens with that sort of driving.  Do you often/ever find the engine fan running on after switching the engine off?

How much is the oil level rising and over how many miles?

Check to see if your oil Quality Sensor is failing - it’s part of the DPF regeneration process - quite a few topics regarding this on goggle and usually found as an issue on the 2.0 TDCI engines.

6 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It still seems to happen even on high milers as well, just not usually as much.  Non genuine DPFs often aren't as efficient and don't tend to last as long, but shouldn't be a direct cause for failing regens with that sort of driving.  Do you often/ever find the engine fan running on after switching the engine off?

How much is the oil level rising and over how many miles?

The engine oil is rising quite rapidly, I’ve had to change the oil twice in the past 400 miles , last time the guy said the engine had 3 1/2 litres too much in , this was after being driven for approximately 300 miles , can’t say I’ve noticed anything with the fan running though 

3 hours ago, Tomson said:

Check to see if your Oil Quality Sensor is failing - it’s part of the DPF regeneration process - quite a few topics regarding this on goggle and usually found as an issue on the 2.0 TDCI engines.

Thanks Tom I will get that checked out

23 minutes ago, Neilb said:

The engine oil is rising quite rapidly, I’ve had to change the oil twice in the past 400 miles , last time the guy said the engine had 3 1/2 litres too much in , this was after being driven for approximately 300 miles , can’t say I’ve noticed anything with the fan running though 

Oh wow, that amount definitely isn't normal!

Do you notice any running issues at all?  It sounds more like an injector fault than a DPF issue now.  Have you checked it for any fault codes?

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Oh wow, that amount definitely isn't normal!

Do you notice any running issues at all?  It sounds more like an injector fault than a DPF issue now.  Have you checked it for any fault codes?

Yes it’s been in for fault code testing at 2 different places but neither found any , it starts instantly also , but sometimes can stall as you set off when it’s cold

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club