Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 heated seats

Phil21185

Does anyone know what is involved in using an aftermarket element kit  for heated seats but tapping into the oem wiring and using the oem switches?

I ask as it was a mod I was planning to do with just some AM elements and put the switches that come with it on the seats somewhere, but now I'm heading towards upgrading to sync 2, I'd like it to be as oem as possible so it appears on the screen...

Surely it's just a case of matching the wiring between oem and am for the pos/neg and thermostat wires?

Any ideas?

53 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Does anyone know what is involved in using an aftermarket element kit  for heated seats but tapping into the oem wiring and using the oem switches?

I ask as it was a mod I was planning to do with just some AM elements and put the switches that come with it on the seats somewhere, but now I'm heading towards upgrading to sync 2, I'd like it to be as oem as possible so it appears on the screen...

Surely it's just a case of matching the wiring between oem and am for the pos/neg and thermostat wires?

Any ideas?

ive dne it on my mk2 fl titanium

i found the plugs for the seat switches behind the panel. In the passenger foot well was a plug that ha wwires from the switch plugs so i run wires from the foot well to the seats both

installed the switches then found out that i needed t run power from the fuse box to the seats both and they worked. if you use a multimeter you can work out what wires go where hth

• Like 1

Thanks, as long as I've got the plugs for the switches, this is what I'm hoping. Appropriate fuses are already present so there's a good chance!

5 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Thanks, as long as I've got the plugs for the switches, this is what I'm hoping. Appropriate fuses are already present so there's a good chance!

you should have the plugs as yours is a titanium mine had them and it worked looked behind the switches you might them

My Mk3 Titanium doesn't have the plugs for seat heaters, but it does for the drivers side adjustment motors.  I looked into fitting half leather TitX seats a couple of months ago.

• 1 year later...

I've fitted heated leather recaros in my 14' Zetec 163 estate, plugged them in and everything works except the heated element, can't see any wiring beneath where switches go which should be centre console adjacent to cig lighter, so need to find loom, have relevant fuses in rear panel

• 1 month later...

any info appreciated.....weather getting nippy !

• 9 months later...

After fitting heated leather recaro seats to my focus mk3 I have at last got the wiring sorted for the heated switches.........for anyone doing this swap read this......... swamped seats over plugged them into original sockets all electrics worked fine (disconnect your battery before doing this) purchased heated switch panel which is the cigarette lighter/12 volt one near glove box,  remove the existing wiring loom from the rear 12volt socket through to the large white multi plug behind front left hand centre tunnel panel, younow require the new wiring loom as shown which has the 2 heated seat plugs attached .......plug everything in and RESULT! The fuses were already live in the rear fuse box.     I spent a year looking for this wiring so hope this helps, bought it second hand so don't know how much Fords will charge.

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1201.JPG

IMG_1202.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club