Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 2013 Wishbone and Shock's Cost

calum_heseltine

Had my 2013 Fiesta Titanium ecoboost for 9 months now and was due a service. Went to an independent garage recommended by a few friends and they did a great job. The guy did however tell me that I needed a new N/S/F Wishbone and 2x Rear Shock Absorbers. Obviously both of these would be an MOT fail when thats due in a few months so I want them both sorting. Was wondering if anyone can give me a rough estimate of how much an independent garage should charge for these jobs? Just so I have a ballpark figure before he quotes it for me.

Thanks

why does it need new rear shocks. they should not fail in five years. and if there was an early failure it would unlikely be both of them. can you see them leaking ? they will only fail MOT if you can see them leaking. Ineffective shocks that are not visibly leaking will not fail - although I accept ineffective shocks (lack of damping) can be dangerous and an unpleasant see sick making ride. 

also the wishbone - what is the reason ? bushes in the wishbone? ball joint on the wishbone? corrosion of the wishbone.  

These are not really things you would expect to replace on a 5 year old car. 

Has done incredibly high mileage or is used in extreme conditions like on unsurfaced roads/tracks a lot

No idea about costs

I would be very surprised indeed if the rear shocks had gone.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The car has done 57,000 miles with one previous owner, however it is a CAT C car so wondering whether it has been improperly repaired?? As far as I know though the damage was only to the front end

I cannot see the shocks leaking at all myself and he was not at all specific about the issue with the wishbone

I may take it into a friend of a friend's garage and see if he will give me a second opinion

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club