Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New MOT Rules Today

TomsFocus

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's 4 years away, you might have won the lottery by then lol.

You'll probably have to go for a small petrol in reality though.  Mk7.5 EcoBoost Fiestas will have lost most of thier value by then I reckon.

Yes, actually was thinking I could get a mk7 but with the 1 litre ecoboost engine. Really wanted something quick but these rules are gonna make it hard for me to find an economic and fast car. 

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

actually was thinking I could get a mk7 but with the 1 litre ecoboost engine. Really wanted something quick but these rules are gonna make it hard for me to find an economic and fast car. 

The 140ps ST-Line fiestas are quick. The top speed might only be 125mph but it's quick enough and has plenty of poke throughout the rev range (upto 6500). Best thing about them is tax is cheap and they can get some good mpg (they look good too).

all this talk of mots and ive just realised mine runs out in just over a week!! 

Do like I do and buy new every 3 years.
No worrying about an MOT then.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

The 140ps ST-Line fiestas are quick. The top speed might only be 125mph but it's quick enough and has plenty of poke throughout the rev range (upto 6500). Best thing about them is tax is cheap and they can get some good mpg (they look good too).

Just was looking at the stats of the 1 litre ecoboost engine and horsepowers and I'm very surprised. 100hp takes 11.2 secs to 60mph (same as my 1.6 diesel fiesta), 123hp takes 9.4 secs and 140hp is 9 secs. Claimed mpg of 74mpg which is just a little more than my diesel. Theres some fiestas which came with a 1 litre without the turbo and that's slow. Really surprised when I saw this. I kept thinking it'll take around 10.8 secs. Wouldn't mind getting a mk7 zetec s with the 1 litre ecoboost 120hp engine in a few years time. Hopefully they'll be cheaper otherwise might get a salvage one. By the meantime I should get the 1.6 tdci engine remapped from 90hp to 120hp to keep up 😂

@TomsFocus how many seconds would you say I'd shave with a 30hp increase. The 1.6 tdci engine takes 11.2 seconds 😂

11 hours ago, iantt said:

all this talk of mots and ive just realised mine runs out in just over a week!! 

Lol, do you do your own or let someone else do it?

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Do like I do and buy new every 3 years.
No worrying about an MOT then.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Pfft...and police say they don't get paid enough... :tongue: 

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Just was looking at the stats of the 1 litre ecoboost engine and horsepowers and I'm very surprised. 100hp takes 11.2 secs to 60mph (same as my 1.6 diesel fiesta), 123hp takes 9.4 secs and 140hp is 9 secs. Claimed mpg of 74mpg which is just a little more than my diesel. Theres some fiestas which came with a 1 litre without the turbo and that's slow. Really surprised when I saw this. I kept thinking it'll take around 10.8 secs. Wouldn't mind getting a mk7 zetec s with the 1 litre ecoboost 120hp engine in a few years time. Hopefully they'll be cheaper otherwise might get a salvage one. By the meantime I should get the 1.6 tdci engine remapped from 90hp to 120hp to keep up 😂

@TomsFocus how many seconds would you say I'd shave with a 30hp increase. The 1.6 tdci engine takes 11.2 seconds 😂

You really shouldn't get hung up on book figures tbh, diesel book figures are always slower than they actually feel due to the torque and gearing...they're designed for 30-70s, not 0-60s.  Fiesta should be around 10 seconds with the map.  I guess there's not really anywhere to 'test' a car properly in London either?  I live just minutes from open B roads and (reasonably clear) dual carriageways.  I hate having to drive through traffic lol.

• Like 2

i used to do my own at a previous garage( properly i must add) but at my current employer im not allowed. (when i say current i mean until the end of june. lol) 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, do you do your own or let someone else do it?

Pfft...and police say they don't get paid enough... :tongue: 

You really shouldn't get hung up on book figures tbh, diesel book figures are always slower than they actually feel due to the torque and gearing...they're designed for 30-70s, not 0-60s.  Fiesta should be around 10 seconds with the map.  I guess there's not really anywhere to 'test' a car properly in London either?  I live just minutes from open B roads and (reasonably clear) dual carriageways.  I hate having to drive through traffic lol.

I've heard diesels have less power in first gear to prevent the torque from damaging the gearbox but I'm sure past that you'd feel the pull more. I still debate whether my 1 litre Peugeot 107 felt more faster in first than the fiesta however I can easily say the 1.6 TDCi engine in the fiesta still pull in the higher gears. I'm just upset I'm in the low emissions zone 😢

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club