Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo mk3 tdci MPG

Russ 6334

Hi all

i have a mk3 130 tdci and I drive daily 80 miles on the a38 from Plymouth the Exeter and back, I set the cruise at 57 MPH boring as hell but I do a lot of miles!

the mpg on my 55 plate I think euro 4 is about 47mpg (fill ups not computer) I must say I find this really poor for 57mph if I drive at 70 it drops to about 42mpg!

in contrast I had a heavier estate mk3 tdci 130 about 2 years older and that one did 56mpg cold on short journeys all around town!!!!!

my 55 plate has only done 60k miles and FSH etc I’ve changed gear box oil recently as well new tyres etc.

is the euro 4 engine just crap? Why is my mpg so poor on this one.

11DD38C7-4BC4-4659-8E5B-A39EB42A2702.png

I've had a few mondeo tdci and the mileage has varied my last on a 2011 130 did avg 53 mpg mostly on long runs and at motorway speeds , my my 3 also a 130 did about the same but my mk4 2009 only managed 46, all on the same regular journeys very little town work and At motorway speed all wher estates all had done over 150k by the time I sold on.

Is it worth a remap? I do 2000 miles a month so would probably be paid off in a year if I could get 5mpg more but I think 5mpg is a big ask

i had terraclean done on my mk4 made no difference whatsoever on performance smoothness or mpg

A remap can give you 5 mpg more I've used super chips in the past with good effect, the bluefin version is a home install via the OBD  port and has the advantage of you being able to remove the mapping at any time great if you are trying to find a fault

May give a remap a go then

just cleaned my EGR but to be honest barely had any soot in it although doesn’t smoke on hard gear changes now. Will see what happens! I think less than 50mpg on a motorway for a diesel is ridiculous although my V70 auto 2.4d used to get 27mpg on M-way, not surprisingly I sold it very quickly!

Spent more time on a petrol station forcourt than my drive

r

1954CD66-8BDC-4766-96E6-53CD3CC5AEF2.jpeg

A couple of extra psi in your tyres helps I used to run at 40 all round that was on 235/45/17"

I had this engine in my Volvo C30. euro 4 without the DPF from the factory. I only managed 37mpg average and on long journeys it only ever returned 48-52 depending on route. Getting it into the 50s took effort, though.

not the most efficient engine available for its time but bullet proof for the years time I had it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club