Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service history

JWFiesta

Hey Guys,

Apologies if this topic has been brought up before. 

My mk7 1.6 Zetec S is currently sat on roughly 38,000 miles. It had a full service done at 32,000 miles.

If I want to keep a "Full service History" would I want to get an interim service done or could i just follow the major services at 12 months or 12,000 miles? The service was carried out 7 months ago so I'm maybe slightly overdue.

Thanks in advance

John 

11 hours ago, JWFiesta said:

Hey Guys,

Apologies if this topic has been brought up before. 

My mk7 1.6 Zetec S is currently sat on roughly 38,000 miles. It had a full service done at 32,000 miles.

If I want to keep a "Full Service History" would I want to get an interim service done or could i just follow the major services at 12 months or 12,000 miles? The service was carried out 7 months ago so I'm maybe slightly overdue.

Thanks in advance

John 

You next service should be 44,000 or 1 year, nothing to stop you having an oil change at 6 months if you want - the New Fiesta have variable service so could be 2 years between services.

I mainly get my oil/filter done around 6 months but still keep up my service every 12 months.

I don't go to Ford as bad prices and get less done so i go to a good clean Garage that puts good stuff in and save a lot of £££ and more done.

Mine is at 28k.

Just have a service in 5 months then your in your 12 months service time, i do very low miles so i just get oil/filter done in 6 months.

It's really up to you - Ford advise a minor service (oil and oil filter) every 12 months/12,500 miles and a major service (oil, oil/fuel/air filters, fuel treatment etc) every 24 months/25,000 miles - but there's nothing stopping you getting it serviced more frequently or getting a full service each time. If you're just wanting to maintain the service history then you only need a minor service next time if the last service was a major one.

Thanks for all the replies.

I think on my mileage of around 15,000 miles a year I will stick to a major service every 12 months and miss an interim service at 6 months.

Does this sound correct?

10 minutes ago, JWFiesta said:

Thanks for all the replies.

I think on my mileage of around 15,000 miles a year I will stick to a major service every 12 months and miss an interim service at 6 months.

Does this sound correct?

You should do it on milage then 12,000 miles from the last one

Awesome, i believe the previous owner stuck to 1 major (oil, filters,plugs,etc) a year (or 12,000) miles so I'll do the same.

I take it this will be in keeping with a FSH?

Thanks Again

Okay so ignore everything I said in my last reply, was talking to a friend of mine today who's a workshop controller and he told me Ford only do a major service every 36 months/37,500 miles! Crazy 😐

Most other manufacturers do a major every other so I'd always assumed Ford was the same.. the more you know..

FSH would be a minimum of the manufacturers spec as above so what you're planning is well above that 👍

8 hours ago, cjsemple said:

Okay so ignore everything I said in my last reply, was talking to a friend of mine today who's a workshop controller and he told me Ford only do a major service every 36 months/37,500 miles! Crazy 😐

Most other manufacturers do a major every other so I'd always assumed Ford was the same.. the more you know..

FSH would be a minimum of the manufacturers spec as above so what you're planning is well above that 👍

technically your first post is correct. major service is at 2 years or 25 k. maybe the airfilter and sparkplugs are changed at 3yrs 37.5k but the the wheels come off at 2 yrs for close brake inspections. drums off at 4 yrs. 

all the first 4 services are different to each other therefore if following fords servicing intervals its important to have each of the 4 services done in the correct order,time and or mileage to cover all aspects of car checks.

alot of customers dont understand fords servicing schedules. even techs have to double check the service check sheets to see what needs to be done. 

and the newer vehicles are now at 2yrs or 18k!! thats another topic. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club