Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Usb Memory Stick Mp3 Problems

Tony_M

The mk7 Fiesta doesn't need a radio code, it's somehow tied into the VIN of the car (I believe the first time it's powered on it becomes locked to the car). Regarding the manual, it should be part of the main handbook rather than a separate book like older Fords.

Thanks for the above advice. Took my car to my local dealer, Hendys, today and was told that it'll need a stereo software update - only problem is that'll have to be booked in again at another branch which has the necessary equipment for the job (!)

In meantime I'll see if reformatting my micro SD card once more, then reinstalling my MP3s, might fix the job for the moment - if only intermittently.. :-S

• 1 year later...

i had this problem with my fiesta titanium and finally found out how to fix it, Ford1 to 10 is correct but you need to update your system on the ford website: http://www.ford-mobi...ownloadsUpdates then follow the instructions, make sure when you extract the files to your USB that they are the up most visible files, do not put them in to a folder, and then follow the installation instructions that they have provided, enjoy switching through playlists with voice control.

• 2 years later...

Most car MP3 players have problems when the MP3 files have not been properly tagged. To be technical, they try to display the ID3V1 tags, and most files you download use ID3V2 or APE standards, or a mix.

Also: not all characters used in artists names or song titles can be displayed.

This small utility BLUMEUSB does the following:

- it de-clutters the MP3 files and makes free space on the drive.
- tags are rewritten in the ID3V1 format, others deleted.
- the overall sound level is adjusted (no sudden surprises while driving)

It was develeoped for the Fiat500 onboard system but will be useful for other systems as well.

There is a free download at http://www.fiat500soft.com

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone, same issue, can anyone help

- Gone through master reset or SYNC,

- Reformatted USB stick (Kingston 32GB https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-DataTraveler-Flash-Drive/dp/B00SOL9Z1M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465045873&sr=8-2&keywords=kingston

- USB stick was already FAT32, so tried again, no change

- USB Works fine on my mums Honda CRV.

- I own a - Fiesta, 1.0 Zetec Ecoboost 2016 - first time a tried to use it, doesn't work. Don't expect that from a new car I would have thought. 

I had never used the USB input on my Fiesta but, having seen this thread, I decided to give it a try.   I bought three Cruzerblade 8GB memory sticks off amazon and put a few .mp3 files on one.   Plugged it in and it worked first time.   I reformatted the memory sticks to get rid of the software that comes with them.

• 1 year later...

Hi all , just got a MK7 and my USB port lights up the usb but still saying no usb inserted , tried 3-4 different brands I have all formatted fat 32 and with only one or 2 songs on , tried on some of the smaller 2gb models I have also and still same , wont read , tried a sync reset also  

just wondered if anyone else had some different things to try 

• 1 year later...

why does my mp3 player not work in my 2016 ecoboost ford model of mp3 is victure m5x can any body shed any light on this problem thanks dave B

Is it connected via usb or aux?
If via usb maybe it isn't mesnt to play that way, if via aux is the connection firm and volume on the player turned up to max?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club