Do Not Sell My Personal Information

owners handbook

bill atherton

hi,just joined the club,ive just bought a 2l zetec 2002 maverick happy with it except there was no handbook with it,so i'm a bit vague on what the contols on the dash etc do,i can manage without the handbook but could do with a printout of the page all this is on, if anyone can help maybe email me the page/s iwould be extremely grateful.    cheers,  BILL.

thanks mate but already tried this site no maverick model comes up in drop down menu,and does not recognise my vin number for some reason.all i really need is a copy of the page with the definitions of the icons and switches on the dash and area. thanks for your message  Bill.

what icons are you unsure of ? 

ok thanks,one a small rocker button on the dash to the left,then a lock marked push switch which i assume locks the 4 wheel drive,but just switches so which way can you tell if its locked or not,this is a bit further to the right of the rocker button switch.i aasume  the battery picture icon on the speedo is the charging although this does not go out once ignition is on and engine running,,battery is still fully charged does'nt flatten,maybe a fault on the bulb,on the drivers door there are 4 switches in a block ok these are windows,bu below them thhereis one switch side to side operated this has a icon ican't make out what it is and the same icon the other side of the switch with a line crossed through it,this is just above the inner door lock switch,lastly what is theft on the speedo for something to do with the alarm,but what?.sorry to take so long ,but thats why i wanted a printout from the handbook if not a handbook itself. thanks Bill.

The switch below the window switches I'm guessing is to isolate the rear window operation so only your switches work the rear. Try it. I will have a think about the others. Sound like an alternator fault causing battery light to stay on regardless of the battery charging.

The "locked button engages the diff lock and an icon should appear in the cluster display.this will only be operational when the 4wd selector switch is on 4x4 and not on auto.

But only use the 4x4 option on permanatly slippery situations like snow or mud.  Don't get switching it on hard surfaces or possible damage can occur to the 4wd system 

ok thanks i'll check that.     Bill

hi checked out dead right on what you said,the only thing left is the small rocker button switch whitch beeps when switched on and red light is on.one more thing i'm not worried about but curious there are two small screens about 5x4 inches fitted into the backs of the front seats factory fitted looks like for tv or video,can't see anything that would work them there is cables under the seats to them,no worry.   thanks for all your assistance   Bill

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club