Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi from Durham !

black_cat47

Hi there everyone. This is my first post on here so I'd just like to say hi. 

My name's Mikey and I drive a Ford Fiesta ST-2, 2016 plate :). 

What Fords/cars does everyone else drive? And also - what's your dream car? I'd have to say mine's probably any sort of Ford Mustang really. Maybe a 1967 Ford Mustang fastback? I also like the modern Shelby GT350s. 

Thanks for reading guys. 

• Like 1

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum!

2018 ST-Line 140PS here. I bet your ST-2 is a heck of a lot of fun to drive.

Dream cars? Well, if it had to be a Ford, then why not go mental and pick the 2018 Ford GT. Non-Ford, though, and I'd have to say pretty much any modern Aston Martin. There's something about the shape of the grilles I love - partly why I like the facelifted Fords so much, really!

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply James! 

Sounds like a beauty! And most definitely - she's my baby. Only issue being is once you have a car like that you never want to walk anywhere again... it's far too tempting to hop in and drive, even if you're only going 2 minutes down the road. 🤣

And I know right? There's something so profoundly elegant about most Aston Martins - always a selling point which made me feel more inclined to go and see the newest James Bond film haha. 

Yup, it's difficult to commit to walking when you could be cruising along in glorious aircon comfort, with CHILL on the DAB radio. Even for those 5 minute journeys!

So, what's your ST-2 like? What colour and extras does it have? What's the thing you love the most about it?

RE: Astons, I actually had a dark grey V8 Vantage glide past me the other day, and I don't mind admitting it caused me to let out the kind of noise I might make when having some "personal time" with a female companion. It was just beautiful to see in the wild.

I admire the honesty 😂 Speaking of seeing beautiful cars in the wild, I had a Mclaren P1 drive past me last night! A sight to behold. I was drooling for the rest of the 20 minute drive back home.

As for my ST-2, it's molten orange and has more than enough goodies & gadgets to keep me satisfied! Heated seats, windscreen, that sweet Sony multimedia system which plays excellent quality music for when I'm spinning down those twisty country roads! There are a lot of those in County Durham which make for one hell of a drive. Daytime fog lights ofc. I could go on but I don't wanna brag... My colleagues call me the "Fiesta Fiend". I spent a lot of money on her so I'm not likely to be getting a new car any time soon! 

What's it like to drive the new ST-Line then?? Also a beauty in her own right I assume 🙂

M.

Good grief, a P1? That's some mythical creature business, right there! In my youth I saw a McLaren F1 in deep Navy Blue, which to this day I still think is one of the coolest looking cars out there.

The ST-2 sounds ace - and that molten orange colour is brilliantly loud, I love it! It must be so nice to know you've got the top thoroughbred of the lot, too. If money were no object, I would of course have gone the full ST route in some manner or another. Even though I "settled" for the ST-Line, I still couldn't live with going for a smaller engine, so it had to at least be the 140PS variant.😉 It's lovely to drive, so smooth and well-poised. Mind you, I came from a 16 year old 2002 Yaris T-Sport, and I was the 7th owner, so of course a brand new 2018 car was going to be a quantum leap forward. I do love how much grunt she has as soon as the turbo kicks in. Proper little neck-snap! Although I've been driving with the turbo-delaying "EcoSelect" mode on with my latest tank of fuel, just in order to see how much difference it makes. It's certainly less fun, I can tell you!

Btw, my father lived in Durham for a decade back in the late 90s/mid 2000s. Was a truly wonderful county, wish he'd never moved, to be honest!

Dont hate me guys, but i dont have a dream car, but i am lucky enough to own my dream motorbike, she's a 1980 Ducati 900 Mike Hailwood replica, bought her new and when i pop off she's going in to the ground with me.

• Haha 2

Hi there Mikey and welcome. Your ST-2 sounds awesome and at least if it ever got nicked the cops would be able to spot it a mile away with that bright orange colour. There's nothing wrong with spending money on something you love and get enjoyment from. Having just spent a lot of money on a 2017 ST-Line 140 I know how it feels to want to look after a vehicle now (I previously owned old bangers that cost a few hundred quid and didn't care about keeping them clean and tidy). 

Durham really has got a lot of nice country roads to go for a blast down. I personally love country roads which is why I spend a lot of time in North Yorkshire or the Peak District (will be doing it a lot more often now).

Dream car? Well most people would say a Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo or the likes (seen a few round my way) but I've always liked hot hatchbacks. I'd love to own a full blown ST or RS but I have to say that the ST-Line comes close. As James said, it's got some grunt for a little 1l engine and people do look shocked when you floor it to pass them but I had to be sensible when thinking about insurance and fuel costs etc. 
As for Aston Martin cars,  I was once lucky enough to drive a brand new V8 Vantage back in 2005 for about 30 minutes. I was delivering it to a customer on behalf of a uni friends dad who followed behind us in his top spec Range Rover sport (my friend didn't have a licence and the delivery had to be made that day). It was a nice car but it had too much power for me. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 12:01 PM, James Drebin said:

Good grief, a P1? That's some mythical creature business, right there! In my youth I saw a McLaren F1 in deep Navy Blue, which to this day I still think is one of the coolest looking cars out there.

The ST-2 sounds ace - and that molten orange colour is brilliantly loud, I love it! It must be so nice to know you've got the top thoroughbred of the lot, too. If money were no object, I would of course have gone the full ST route in some manner or another. Even though I "settled" for the ST-Line, I still couldn't live with going for a smaller engine, so it had to at least be the 140PS variant.😉 It's lovely to drive, so smooth and well-poised. Mind you, I came from a 16 year old 2002 Yaris T-Sport, and I was the 7th owner, so of course a brand new 2018 car was going to be a quantum leap forward. I do love how much grunt she has as soon as the turbo kicks in. Proper little neck-snap! Although I've been driving with the turbo-delaying "EcoSelect" mode on with my latest tank of fuel, just in order to see how much difference it makes. It's certainly less fun, I can tell you!

Btw, my father lived in Durham for a decade back in the late 90s/mid 2000s. Was a truly wonderful county, wish he'd never moved, to be honest!

I'm fairly certain it was a P1 although I could be wrong - it was gone before I could even scream in excitement. Nonetheless I'm still extremely envious that you've laid eyes on an F1.

Sounds like you had the upgrade of a lifetime moving up from a 2002 Yaris to a 2018 ST-Line! No better feeling than becoming the owner of a brand-spanking new car. It becomes your literal "baby" with you being the owner who "births" it onto the motorways. 😏 Must've been a hard choice for you to switch the EcoSelect mode on but then again I bet the fun is still there driving about in that beauty. 

And small world, huh! I bet he had a blast going for some Durham drives around the country roads. I know I do - never a dull moment!

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 5:04 PM, Nick Y said:

Hi there Mikey and welcome. Your ST-2 sounds awesome and at least if it ever got nicked the cops would be able to spot it a mile away with that bright orange colour. There's nothing wrong with spending money on something you love and get enjoyment from. Having just spent a lot of money on a 2017 ST-Line 140 I know how it feels to want to look after a vehicle now (I previously owned old bangers that cost a few hundred quid and didn't care about keeping them clean and tidy). 

Durham really has got a lot of nice country roads to go for a blast down. I personally love country roads which is why I spend a lot of time in North Yorkshire or the Peak District (will be doing it a lot more often now).

Dream car? Well most people would say a Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo or the likes (seen a few round my way) but I've always liked hot hatchbacks. I'd love to own a full blown ST or RS but I have to say that the ST-Line comes close. As James said, it's got some grunt for a little 1l engine and people do look shocked when you floor it to pass them but I had to be sensible when thinking about insurance and fuel costs etc. 
As for Aston Martin cars,  I was once lucky enough to drive a brand new V8 Vantage back in 2005 for about 30 minutes. I was delivering it to a customer on behalf of a uni friends dad who followed behind us in his top spec Range Rover sport (my friend didn't have a licence and the delivery had to be made that day). It was a nice car but it had too much power for me. 

Hey there Nick! Thanks for the warm welcome. And you're right about the colour - although it never really leaves my sight anyway 😆. And definitely - makes every drive feel better when you fully and properly maintain your car. After all, your car looks after you on the roads so it's only fair to return the favour and look after her!

Couldn't agree more about the roads in North Yorkshire. You'll probably see me at the ST-2 some point if you're a frequent visitor of the Peak District!

Very true about the hot hatchbacks. I'd rather drive an ST to most high-end sports cars like Ferarri, Porsche, etc if I'm honest. Feels more authentic to my own tastes driving a Ford imo. 

Re driving the V8 Vantage - wow!! If I were you I would've put on my smartest dinner jacket and nipped into Toys R Us to grab the cheapest toy gun just for that 30 minute drive.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club