Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta B&O radio no sound

DanE98

I have one of the new shape Fiestas. It’s a Zetec with B&O added as an option.

Today when I left work apple CarPlay came on when I plugged my phone in, but there was no sound. I tried the buttons on the steering wheel and the dial below the touchscreen to turn the volume up (as sometimes when the radio switches on it is set to volume zero) but it said minimum volume and whenever I tried turning the volume up it would keep saying minimum volume 0.

I drove with no radio on, but then when I got back into the car for the next journey the sound had come back and I could adjust the volume. 

Would this just be a simple issue such as the fuse or is it a more serious problem that affects the new Fiesta in particular?

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Like 1

If it was a fuse it wouldn't have worked the next time. I have had s similar thing in my Focus, it seems to be s software bug.

It it happens again, you can report to a Ford dealer and they'll most likely check for any updates.

Daft suggestion maybe, but Is this one of those that needs media volume turned up on your phone? 

I don't have apple carplay or anything but I remember issues previously where turning up the device volume was the answer. 

• Like 1

I had this at the weekend with my B&O audio. Before it happened I had washed my car. I had to keep unlocking my car as it kept auto locking, and the jet wash would set the alarm off.

I'm guessing it was locked/unlocked about 10-20 times in about 30 mins.

When I went to drive the car after washing it, I had no beeps, audio wouldn't budge from 0, there was even no 'click' sound when I used the indicators.

I stopped the car, and did a full sync reset, and still had the same problem. Drove around for about 30 mins, turned the car off, then on again and it worked.

I'm wondering if its a power saving 'feature' if the battery gets too low (not that the battery should get low on a 5 month old car), but then start/stop worked fine...

• 10 months later...

Any fix for this? Just picked my car up yesterday and having the same issue.

On 5/23/2018 at 1:07 AM, lst said:

I had this at the weekend with my B&O audio. Before it happened I had washed my car. I had to keep unlocking my car as it kept auto locking, and the jet wash would set the alarm off.

I'm guessing it was locked/unlocked about 10-20 times in about 30 mins.

When I went to drive the car after washing it, I had no beeps, audio wouldn't budge from 0, there was even no 'click' sound when I used the indicators.

I stopped the car, and did a full sync reset, and still had the same problem. Drove around for about 30 mins, turned the car off, then on again and it worked.

I'm wondering if its a power saving 'feature' if the battery gets too low (not that the battery should get low on a 5 month old car), but then start/stop worked fine...

I keep the keys "out of the way" when washing my car then it won't keep "locking/unlocking"

Only had this happen once.  Even a reset didn't fix it, just came back working next time I used the car. 

• 9 months later...

I had same problem with my mk8 ST after 2 months from new. Volume was stuck on 0 and was froze.  Turned car off and on etc and no joy. Tried again after an hour and was working fine. Havent had any issues since until two nights ago. i got out my car and went to lock it and noticed the powerfold mirrors didnt close, checked all the doors were shut etc and went to start the car up again to see if it would reset and the car had completely froze. No power to windows, dash or central locking and engine wouldnt even start. Only things that had power were headlights and the infotainment system which would not auto turn off upon closing the door. Had the car looked at by someone from ford assistance the next day who basically just charged the battery as it was now dead from power being drawn from the battery all night and it started up as normal. Its only 7 months old now with 4k on the clock, clearly something isnt right with the software

• 11 months later...

I have similar issue. I have a 64 plate Zetec S eco boost and have the sync audio system. This happens with my radio when the cars not been moved for a couple of days. No sound and reverse sounds don’t work either but then when you get back into the car for the journey back it’s comes on. Any ideas?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club