Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.0 Tdci 115Ps (53 Plate) Cuts Out Under Acceleration

Benemmagibson

Hi guys,

my beloved mondeo cuts out around 50mph in 3rd gear, when i restart it on the roll it carries on driving but there is absolutely no power and i feel like im driving a milk float up a hill, just not as fast. and im also left with a flashing glow plug indication but i believe this to be a general warning that something isnt right. if that makes any sense.

I've seen on other posts on here that EGR valves can become clogged up, im just wanting to know have other people experienced similar symptoms to mine and what ? if anything was done to rectify it before I give in to a garage to fix it.

thanks guys, much appreciated

Ben

it sounds like your car is going into limp home mode which is a sign that something is not right, it could be a gummed up egr valve, also a dodgy camshaft sensor would cause the car to cut out (around £15 for a new sensor). the following guide is for cleaning out an egr valve on a tdci euro 4 but it will give you some idear on whats involved.and would be a good place to start.

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/EGR_Valve_and_Inlet_Manifold_Clearout_TDCi

im going to have a bash at it 2morro so ill post on here how I got on, just need to source a few more tools first. cheers

thanx for the advice, the EGR had deposits in there but it didnt seem to be a great deal. With help from a friend we got it out and cleaned it with break fluid, replaced it, tightened a jubilee clip on the manifold and low and behold...job done ! no cut outs! again many thanks

Hopefully it was just your egr valve BUT..... These are notorious for injector fault which also bring on the same symptoms and sometimes you can get away with re-coding the injectors (all seperate coded to ecu) and sometimes its a new injector...hopefully it was just your egr!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club