Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Contact Details

DaveG

I've been trying to contact FORD via it's own web site (e-mail) and every time I get an error message, which says Ford are trying to rectify, honest guv ;)

I'm trying to find out the service history of my Fusion and figured that these days a lot of cars are linked to a database, would anyone happen to know a decent e-mail address to the relevant dept within ford ?.

I've been trying to contact FORD via it's own web site (e-mail) and every time I get an error message, which says Ford are trying to rectify, honest guv ;)

I'm trying to find out the service history of my Fusion and figured that these days a lot of cars are linked to a database, would anyone happen to know a decent e-mail address to the relevant dept within ford ?.

How far is your nearest Ford garage? They'll be able to pull up that information based on your number plate - assuming it has been serviced with Ford. I wouldn't bother with email ... you've got more chance of finding hen's teeth.

How far is your nearest Ford garage? They'll be able to pull up that information based on your number plate - assuming it has been serviced with Ford. I wouldn't bother with email ... you've got more chance of finding hen's teeth.

Well the things I've learned about Ford, and I've only been an owner for less than a month:

You cannot e-mail ford central, strangely you always seem to get the same error message (and believe me I've tried), a neat ploy Ford !!.

As for looking at a Ford Database in my nearest dealership; Ford don't keep servicing records etc, unlike some other manufacturers :-(

Back to square one.

Well the things I've learned about Ford, and I've only been an owner for less than a month:

You cannot e-mail ford central, strangely you always seem to get the same error message (and believe me I've tried), a neat ploy Ford !!.

As for looking at a Ford Database in my nearest dealership; Ford don't keep servicing records etc, unlike some other manufacturers :-(

Back to square one.

The ones I've been to do keep service records ... sounds suspicious to me?

They probably do but I'm referring to a central database where you can type in a vehicle's details at any Ford dealership/workshop and be able to view/retrieve the cars service history (obvious would only show services done at a ford garage), it seems Ford don't do that ???. Unless the Ford dealer I went to is telling porkies.

They were very helpful though (asked them a couple of other things).

Basically I'm trying to find out the service history of my car; after a bit of digging I can trace the car's history from when it was first bought (03/03/2003), right up until I bought it, I have every MOT certficate, the manaul and 2 service reciepts for services carried out in the last year, but no service record, the original owner's moved, the 2nd owner; a kind old lady told me she p/e it against an automatic with a dealer who has & has'nt been helpful (if you know wot i mean), they passed it onto auction (obviously the car was too old for them) where the dealer I bought the car from bought it. The auction house has been very helpful and confirmed that the service book went missing before it received the car (which in turn supports the dealers comments I bought the car from), possibly with the original owner, who had it for 6 years. Which is possibly why the car went to Auction (7 years old and no service history) ??.

Obviously I'd like to know for several reasons; service history (the car looks gr8 but has it been serviced), for re-sell value (fsh can go a long way) and if anything's been replaced ?

I can buy a new service book from the dealer i visited today and fill in the last 2 services and will obviously keep it updated as i get it serviced. so the question is: does it matter that you can't prove a car's service history, providing you can present the car's history (as above) and a few bits of paper ?.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club