Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A couple of questions

primus1960

Ok so sorry if these questions appear a little basic ( dumb) but here goes

i have a mk8 titanium which has tpms , I will shortly be going on a weeks holiday to Cornwall, with four adults and a boot full of luggage

I’ve always raised the tyre pressures as recommended in the manual on other cars I have had, but I’ve never had one with tpms before so do I just raise the pressures to accommodate the heavier load and the tpms sorts itself out, or does it need resetting? I know it’s supposed to monitor pressure loss but does it work the other way around?

also this car has auto wipers ( also a first for me) I’m a little confused as to the little adjustable lever it shows three raindrop symbols at the top. and a single drop at the bottom, now to me I would say that the more drops men heavier rain, and lower drops means lighter rain, but according to the manual it’s based on sensitivity, so the top symbol means less sensitivity ( light rain) and the single drop means more sensitivity ( heavy rain) but it seems to make no difference as to which setting they’re on ,as they work as they wish, or so it seems to me,  

When I got my Titanium the pressures were way over what they should be (40psi) and resetting them to correct didnt activate the TPMS
I did have it show when one of my tyres dropped to 16psi so they do work

The auto wipers are a lot better than the Mk 7 (somtimes you could have a completey wet screen and they still woudnt wipe) but I agree the settings dont seem to make a lot of sense

Hello, you must reset TPMS in the vehicle’s settings menu whenever you adjust tyre pressures.

Reduced rain sensitivity means it takes more drops on the screen to activate a wipe, increased is less drops on the screen. The pictures represent the more or less drops.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, for the replies although regarding the wipers I have had the increased sensitivity setting, set , but it doesn’t seem to want to wipe even though the screen is wet, 

Make sure the stalk itself is set to position 1 (intermittent setting).

My mk8 is also my first car with auto wipers. I really couldn't get them to work satisfactory so I've turned them off in the settings and using the little notch to increase the intermittent speed, much better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine (like all the other cars I've had with autowipe) also seemed to operate when they felt like it, so thanks for the tip Matt, I hadn't spotted that you can turn it to normal intermittent, which I have now done!

• Like 1

Thanks Mike - I also didn't realize that you could switch off the rain sensor. Have done it now and cannot wait to see if it is less hassle manually adjusting the speed. I am sure that I will not waste half the time I have been, constantly adjusting the "sensitivity".

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club