Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta MK 7 Standard Stereo To Sony Stereo

christopher102792

Hey everyone!

I have just gotten a ford fiesta MK 7 2010 ZETEC. I have been looking into changing the stereo and can't bring myself to add an aftermarket stereo to the car due to the ugly look in this car. I want to add the sony stereo fitted to some of the fiesta's. This is what I have Standard Stereo. I want to add this Sony Stereo..

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their stereo to this? Where to buy this and would it even work? Does the sony stereo have an built in amplifier? My old Pioneer stereo has mosfet 50Wx4.

I cant find the specifications of the sony stereo anywhere? I am not sure if I could add a sony stereo from a 2013-2015?

If anyone could help me clear some things up, It would be helpful.

Many Thanks,

Chris

IIRC I'm pretty sure it's a straight swap, but I'd wait for 'proper' Fiesta owners to give their answer!

Found this...

• Thanks 1

I swapped mine in a 2010, only thing I found is the new blue screen won't work. I just used the fascia and head unit, then bought new Speakers from Ford as they were very reasonable.

As mentioned in that linked thread a couple of buttons don't work, but only because they're not present on the original facia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I swapped mine in a 2010, only thing I found is the new blue screen won't work. I just used the fascia and head unit, then bought new speakers from Ford as they were very reasonable.

As mentioned in that linked thread a couple of buttons don't work, but only because they're not present on the original facia.

So you replaced the old stereo as well as the fascia and the buttons still did not work? Like mute etc?

1 minute ago, christopher102792 said:

So you replaced the old stereo as well as the fascia and the buttons still did not work? Like mute etc?

It was only 1 or 2 buttons, I forget exactly which. It's because it's a network, which the screen is part of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

It was only 1 or 2 buttons, I forget exactly which. It's because it's a network, which the screen is part of.

Does it amp the speaker a little. Meaning I could get better sound

Just now, christopher102792 said:

Does it amp the speaker a little. Meaning I could get better sound

It has better DACs in and a more powerful amp, but the biggest gain will come from replacing the Speakers too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

It has better DACs in and a more powerful amp, but the biggest gain will come from replacing the speakers too.

Perfect that is good to hear. Many thanks for your help 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club