Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sqeaky Breaks

fiesta_lad

Hi all got a 51 plate fiesta notice tonight when i put her in reverse and move of it sqeaked now iam not touching the brake also when i move forward and brake it sqeaked loud what can this be cheers alan.

Hi all got a 51 plate fiesta notice tonight when i put her in reverse and move of it sqeaked now iam not touching the brake also when i move forward and brake it sqeaked loud what can this be cheers alan.

from the front or rear brakes? if its the rear (drum brakes) they probably just need a clean out

If i put her in reverse it sqeakes that without even touching the brake. when i drive forward and brake it sqeaks loud with it doing this can this be a mot fail.

I doubt it'll be an MOT failure aslong as the brakes are working properly.

Open your window and listen as to whether the sound is coming for the back or front.

Also what kinda noise is it? Constants squeeking, Intermittent squeeking? High pitched screeching?

I have noiced the breaks only sqeak from when i start the car up from cold once ive had a little drive and the car is warmed up and i break the sqeak stops.

I’m a bit confused here, you say it’s the brakes but not while you are using them and only when starting the car when it is cold? :blink:

Are you sure it’s not the fan belt slipping on start up? Have you checked to see if it is tight and there is only a little play in the belt? :unsure:

What i meant was when i start the car from cold the breaks sqeak when i apply them. same when i reverse and don't apply them but once the car has warmed up and i break you don't hear the sqeak.

• 2 months later...

What i meant was when i start the car from cold the breaks sqeak when i apply them. same when i reverse and don't apply them but once the car has warmed up and i break you don't hear the sqeak.

When you mean cold... Do you mean it's damp outside?

The discs are very susceptible to rusting with just a little moisture. Usually the squeek is just the pads getting rid of the rust. Perfectly normal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club