Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cannot switch to BT input

Alex2

Hi there,

I am having trouble getting music to play from my phone through my car through bluetooth. I am able to connect my phone through bluetooth and accept calls, all that works fine, however when I try to play music through the car it doesn't let me change to BT input. When I press AUX it automatically goes to Line-In and cannot change it. One of my family members has the same model of fiesta and all she has to do is press AUX again and it switches to BT input, however when I press AUX again nothing happens. The button is not broken because I can press it once to switch to AUX, it's just that I cannot change it from Line-In.

Any advice on this?

Thanks, Alex.

Have you enabled the media options within your phones bluetooth settings?

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

The phone is not the issue, I can connect to Ford Audio just fine, it's the car that has the issue where I cannot switch to BT input.

Perhaps yours is one of the early mk7's without bluetooth media from factory. I believe people have had it activated by updating the software before, but some of the first built ones didn't have it included at all until Ford changed the module at some point in 2009.

Oh damn that's a real shame, I was thinking that it may be a technical issue since I bought the car after it had been fixed from being in a crash with the previous owner.

It’s easy to upgrade to a more modern Sync module. Look on eBay for modules beginning AM5T (2012 onwards) or D1BT (late 2014 onwards) if you want tracklisting over Bluetooth 

I might look into it, I'm not really a car person so I have no idea really what I can and cannot do with the car.

Thanks for the help🙂

1 hour ago, Alex2 said:

I might look into it, I'm not really a car person so I have no idea really what I can and cannot do with the car.

Thanks for the help🙂

It’s a simple plug and play then reboot. The module is under the glove box, either attached to the kick plate or hung up underneath

F7570774-6931-4731-BF88-A64C9B22BC5C.png

1 hour ago, ThaiFiesta said:

It’s a simple plug and play then reboot. The module is under the glove box, either attached to the kick plate or hung up underneath

F7570774-6931-4731-BF88-A64C9B22BC5C.png

If it's a pre-sync car it's more complicated. You need to swap the module with one that supports the feature and then also enable BT-VC High in the car config using the IDS. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club