Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Forscan chat

Smartd00d

Let’s treat this topic as the place for sharing info on using Forscan on the MK8 Fiesta.

As a start, can we enable these features and if so let’s find out how to do them and if we need any additional parts:

1. Automatic rain sensitive wipers

2. Ambient lighting (footwell, cup holders, doors etc)

3. Traffic sign recognition

4. Auto lock 

5. Cruise Control

6. Ford Nav

7. Park pilot

8. Climate control

9. Sync 3 climate control integration

10. Window Global open/close

11. Driver alert

• Like 1

OK, so I'll kick this off with confirmation that these values change the Sync3 splash screen logo and Background Theme:

SYNC3 - SPLASH SCREEN LOGO

7D0-02-01 = ****-*X**-**** where X is usually 0. Changing to B='ST Performance' logo, C='RS Performance logo', D='GT Performance' (also requires 7D0-03-01 'GT Theme' value). Other values between 1-A bring up other logos like the Mustang horse, Cobra etc!

SYNC3 - BACKGROUND THEME

7D0-03-01 = ****-*X**-**** where X is usually 1. Changing to 4='GT Theme' (also requires 7D0-02-01 'GT Performance' logo value as above). Other values have other effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone making any progress or discoveries?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Started yesterday with Forscan on the MK8, just changing the boot screen to the ST boot screen (APIM 7DO-02-01: xxxx 0Bxx xxxx), which looks pretty amazing if you ask me! The following code is to add Climate control to Sync 3, but I don't quite like the screens and prefer to use the physical climate control in the car:

APIM 7DO-01-02: xxxx x3xx xxxx

Unfortunately there is no Central Config (yet?) for the MK8 Fiesta in Forscan, which would make it easy to enable things like Auto door lock etc.. There is a central config for the APIM, which makes you change the following:

- Enable multi colour selection for the menu's
- Enable SatNav
- Enable heated seats and heater steering wheel in Sync 3 (doesn't work with the buttons though, I still have to use the physical buttons)

I am looking for the following things though:

- Rear lights always on, also when DRL are on (front).
- Auto lock doors when you start driving.

So if anyone knows how to... I will be more than happy! 🙂

Sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with Forscan at all - could somebody explain what equipment is required and what the method is for making changes such as those described above?

Thanks

I am not expert enough to know how you make the changes but you start off with one of these OBD devices which you plug in the diagnostics port on the car.

I have the modified USB one to connect to my laptop. You should get the modified one - extra switch to access more stuff on Fords.

Example    https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

This seller has a good reputation on this forum but the devices are widely available on eBay amazon etc. Some are better than others apparently.

if you click on Links and Help at the top of that page there is a link to download Forscan free of charge.

Yeah, it's not that complicated luckily! I ordered a modified ELM327 as well, it was advertised as "Ford Modified ELM327", it should contain something like HS/MS switch to provide both canbus configurations. 

Then just download Forscan and register for the (free) extended license. And then you have the availability to adjust settings and codes. It's pretty simple, most codes seem to work from the other Fords. However it would be very good if we start exploring the possibilities of the Fiesta in Forscan, a lot should be possible!  

Will using this software to change settings invalidate new car warranties?

9 hours ago, Martijn89 said:

The following code is to add Climate control to Sync 3, but I don't quite like the screens and prefer to use the physical climate control in the car:

APIM 7DO-01-02: xxxx x3xx xxxx

Unfortunately there is no Central Config (yet?) for the MK8 Fiesta in Forscan, which would make it easy to enable things like Auto door lock etc.. There is a central config for the APIM, which makes you change the following:

- Enable multi colour selection for the menu's
- Enable SatNav 

Just tried climate icon SatNav on standard ST-Line (non-X), and both icons appear!

however..

climate screen shows no temperature, auto doesn’t work and max heat when on cold doesn’t work etc, obviously needs a panel module change to the auto version.

navigation just says ‘fault’ as presumably my APIM is non-NAV.

Interesting but turned both back off.

Yeah, those options aren't that interesting when the hardware doesn't match. But the fun part is how flexible Forscan is, so let's see if we can find some new features that do work and are interesting to add! I was wondering if I ever can add the rear view cam, and then activate it in Forscan. Activating probably won't be the issue, but mounting the camera can be and I wonder if the cable for it is already there.. Maybe the third like-to-have for me in Forscan/addons.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I found something on a German forum. On both the Mondeo as the S-Max the following code is used to activate autolock, however nobody there actually tried it on the Fiesta MK8 yet. 

720-01-01 0F66 F464 7A70 > 0F67 F464 7A70

Or better said:

720-01-01 xxx7 xxxx xxxx 

I'm going to give it a try later this week to see if it works. If anyone can try out before me let me know if it works! Tip: always back-up and on your own risk of course. 🙂

Update: didn't work. My wipers started wiping and got an error about a missing accessory.. So no luck yet finding the right code to change for the autolock or the rear lights on with DRL. Let's hope someone finds out how to do it!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Looking at my as-built the most likely number to change is the B from an A, which result in one bit on (1010 to 1011). Considering the function’s on or off, that would be my guess.

The other different number is the 8 from an as-built of 7, which inverts all four bits (from 0111 to 1000), which is effectively four switches changed which doesn’t seem as likely.

Great find! Thank Merlin. 

I found the same thing for the Smax (2016) and looked at the Mondeo item. It seems that for both cars you need to increase xxxX--xxxx-xxxX by one. On the Smax both X's go from 6 to 7 and D to E, on the Mondeo they go from 6 to 7 and 5 to 6. So Merlin, if you follow that you would think for the MK8 and according to your As Build it would go from:

0F4A-3464-203A to 04FB-3464-203B. Strange though that this is totally different than the AsBuilt the guy at the Forscan forum presents. 

I might give it a try! I tried something else which works on the S-max and Mondeo without any luck (parking lights on with DRL).. But who knows.. this might work.

• Like 1

Don't mention it mate. I think sooner or later we will find the formula. If you make any progress please let us know!!!

• Like 1

Well, so I gave it a try earlier this evening. Increased both digits by one, pressed write and.... now I'm watching the fire department trying to save what's left of my Fiesta! 

No, just kidding of course. For some reason I can't write to the IPC, it always gives me a "service procedure interrupted" error. Really annoying, but if I look at the Forscan forums it seems that this is a known bug which is fixed in later versions.

I did try another tip from someone in the BCM, which should allow the rear lights to always stay on. It involved setting BCM 726-26-02 xXxx-xxx-xxxx from 0 to 1, which seemed legit as this value was 0. But unfortunately it just gave me some errors about "invalid configuration / not configured", my lights flashed and nothing was written to the BCM in the end. I replaced the backup just to be sure, and hopefully we'll find the right change sometime. 

So so far, the only change I made was the ST splash screen. Let's hope a lot of MK8 owners start testing different settings in Forscan soon. 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Weird, i wrote in IPC when i changed the splash screen too. Did you try changing only the 4th digit? or the last one? I ll give it a shot tomorrow.. Also i found something that is used in ford F150. Changing BCM module - 726-48-02 / x0xx/xxxx/xxxx it will disable start-stop. I might try this also. 

Really? To change the splash screen I had to write in the APIM, not the IPC. But I'm very curious about your results tomorrow! I changed both digits: xxx*-xxxx-xxx*, both increased by one. This is what was written on the Forscan forum:

"720-01-01  0C66  F464  7A6D  Autolock disabled Original
720-01-01  0C67  F464  7A6E  Autolock denabled Current

Change the value of the bold 4th byte in my case from 6 to 7. Also increase the value of checksum (last two bytes) from 6D to 6E (in my case). That's it.

If you have other values then increment the value by 1 also the Checksum, increase the value by 1."

Hm my bad... I wrote in the APIM you are right.. Maybe, you just have to set the 4th digit to a B? Like the guy suggests? I mean, don't increase by 1, instead set the B. It might is like the splash screen that needs certain digit for certain operation?

That might be something.. but for some reason I just can't write the IPC. Were you able to try it? Curious if you can write to the IPC!

Haven't tried yet since my laptop needs a format before i do it. But i don't see a reason that i could write since you get an error. In any case, when my laptop is ready i 'll definatelly give it a try . Did you use the latest forscan? There is a new version at 30/9. 

Yeah probably... But who knows! And good tip, I tried it before that update was available. I might give it a shot this week!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club