Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Forscan chat

Smartd00d

Hello guys! Have you tried that IPC code 720-01-01 0C4B 3464 2038? 

Guys just tried to change to autolock on IPC and it gives me that same error at 12% writing.. 

Changed the splash screen to ST ford performance on APIM and it is very beautifull! Thanks for the tip!

If you know something about the autolock, please say something.

I have the latest version of Fordscan.

Thank you very much,

João

Ps. I leave in here some photos of the original APIM before change to ST splash screen and IPC original values and APIM final Values. 

APIM original (Large).jpg

IPC original (4) (Large).jpg

IPC original (1) (Large).jpg

IPC original (2) (Large).jpg

IPC original (3) (Large).jpg

alterado APIM para ST LOGO (Large).jpg

Hi!

Great to hear another person is trying to find some changes in Forscan for the Fiesta. And unfortunately you get the same error as me... It might be something in Forscan, I'm not sure if it would help to get in touch with them.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i'm in the process of trading my 2017 Focus St-line 125bhp for a Fiesta St-line 140bhp. I was wondering if, the autolocking could be activated/programed at the dealership?

They tried with my Focus, but, they said that the option was not highlighted. I believe, I've read somewhere that, it's possible, they just don't know how...

Later on, thanks to JW1982 and Forscan, i was able to program the Focus autolocking.

Hi @Metalzone

Nice trade! You'll like the Fiesta, it's a good car. 

As discussed above we did find how to activate autolock, but unfortunately we can't change anything in the so-called IPC yet. This happened to other cars as well, and sometimes later with a Forscan update it can be available. I don't think the dealership can do it, as there are some options in Forscan available in the CC menu which is just an on/off switch. But no autolock there! Just some options about heated seats, navigation and a colored menu. 

We are looking at possibilities to activate autolock as well and if I find a way I will post it here!

• 1 month later...

Hi @Martijn89

You're absolutely wright , the new Fiesta is amazing.

When i programmed the autolock in my Focus, i did it in the BCM module.

Found this in a Forscan 2016 Super Duty spreadsheet:

726-48-03 0101 0101 017D

****   ****   *1**  - Auto Lock On

****   ****   *0**  - Auto Lock Off

Do you know if it's already been tried in a Mk8 Fiesta?

I'm waiting for a new laptop battery, mine no longer offer me the confidence to make these attempts ...

Hey guys!

In the BCM it doesn´t have that value 726-48...

IMG_20180621_111217.jpg

IMG_20180621_111235.jpg

IMG_20180621_111248.jpg

IMG_20180621_111259.jpg

IMG_20180621_111309.jpg

Yeah too bad! Still waiting for the IPC to be available. Thanks for sharing though.

I added the climate controls on mine. After this mod, the climate control can be controlled by voice. But I returned it back to it's asbuilt value, because I've got the 10 speaker B&O system, and it removed the surround sound from the settings. I guess music is more important than comfort. I also tried to fiddle with some settings from the F150 forum, but I saw the same error or although I had a successful write, when checking back, the value didn't change. I think these newer modules have a check for the values that they can accept or return it's previous/factory values. In general, I have my car for almost a year and I am doing patience to put modules from the new focus, like the ford pass/ford connect module and the lane centering assist module. It seems like the new focus shares a lot of our fiesta modules, so I hope for a big compatibility for upgrading goodies in the future. We'll see.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, FiestaSplat said:

Hey guys!

In the BCM it doesn´t have that value 726-48...

What a bummer!

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:37 PM, arisgardelis said:

I added the climate controls on mine. After this mod, the climate control can be controlled by voice. But I returned it back to it's asbuilt value, because I've got the 10 speaker B&O system, and it removed the surround sound from the settings. I guess music is more important than comfort. I also tried to fiddle with some settings from the F150 forum, but I saw the same error or although I had a successful write, when checking back, the value didn't change. I think these newer modules have a check for the values that they can accept or return it's previous/factory values. In general, I have my car for almost a year and I am doing patience to put modules from the new focus, like the ford pass/ford connect module and the lane centering assist module. It seems like the new focus shares a lot of our fiesta modules, so I hope for a big compatibility for upgrading goodies in the future. We'll see.

Hi Aris Gardelis,

Did you lost surround sound, just by changing this hex code line: APIM 7DO-01-02: xxxx x3xx xxxx?

This is one thing i was about to do...

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, Smartd00d said:

Let’s treat this topic as the place for sharing info on using Forscan on the MK8 Fiesta.

As a start, can we enable these features and if so let’s find out how to do them and if we need any additional parts:

1. Automatic rain sensitive wipers

2. Ambient lighting (footwell, cup holders, doors etc)

3. Traffic sign recognition

4. Auto lock 

5. Cruise Control

6. Ford Nav

7. Park pilot

8. Climate control

9. Sync 3 climate control integration

10. Window Global open/close

11. Driver alert

Hi @Smartd00d,

No news about the Traffic sign recognition?

Hi guys. 

I am looking to add a reverse camera to my MK8 Fiesta 1.0 Titanium.

I see some fetures that you guys want to activate is standard on my Titanium model.

I have , Auto wipers, ambient lights, auto lock,cruise control,ford nav(track for africa aswell) , park pilot,climate control and window global open and close.

I do not have a adapter to use forscan. I want to get one if I can add a reverse camera. So I can perhaps export all my codes so you guys can see it and use it to activate on your cars what I already have. 

I just dont get how you connect an normal RCA video to the car? Where do you connect the video out from the camera to the car?? 

I have seen a camera thet plugs into the wiring loom , but that very expensive. So I dont know who people connect the cbeap RCA cameras to Sync radios. Help would be super ! 

Thanx all

Hi BennaZA,

For most cars you need the original accessories to then activate it by, for example, Forscan. I have the same options as you have, but they probably only would work for others when they buy the Ford accessoires required for that (f.e. cruise control won't work if the hardware isn't there). This is the same for the rear camera, it is available as a Ford option (and I want to add it as well later on), but you only can activate it in Forscan if you have the original Ford Fiesta MK8 rear view camera. I haven't found that yet... but if you find it you can connect it to the system. It is not an RCA connection on the OEM part by the way, that is why you can't connect a RCA-connector to the Sync system. The only other option is to add an aftermarket rear view camera, but this would require a separate screen or a rearview mirror with integrated screen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 7:22 PM, Martijn89 said:

Hi BennaZA,

For most cars you need the original accessories to then activate it by, for example, Forscan. I have the same options as you have, but they probably only would work for others when they buy the Ford accessoires required for that (f.e. cruise control won't work if the hardware isn't there). This is the same for the rear camera, it is available as a Ford option (and I want to add it as well later on), but you only can activate it in Forscan if you have the original Ford Fiesta MK8 rear view camera. I haven't found that yet... but if you find it you can connect it to the system. It is not an RCA connection on the OEM part by the way, that is why you can't connect a RCA-connector to the Sync system. The only other option is to add an aftermarket rear view camera, but this would require a separate screen or a rearview mirror with integrated screen.

Hi Martijn. I saw a T-piece that connects the the loom that has a RCA connector. Aparently you can connect any aftermarket RCA camera. The is no electronics,  just an extension with a RCA jack. Its expensive, so I suppose I can find the correct wire and solder an RCA jack on there. I just dont know what wires to tap into. 

I get what you are saying with the software. The cruise control onviously wont work without the hardware. I just saw people wanting the code, so I am willing to share. Do with that whatever they want.;-)

Ps , what OBD2 cable do you recommend that I can buy on alliexpress,banggood or gearbest? 

Will this one work?

FORD VCM OBD  Ford Diagnostic Scan Tool For FORD MAZDA Vehicles
https://banggood.app.link/oTFh8LHh8S

Thanx mate

Oh that's awesome! Thanks for sharing that. I'm interested in if you can get it to work, might be something for me as well.

It's important to have an OBD 2 cable with a HS/MS switch, if you search for "ELM 327 HS/MS Ford" you probably have a good chance of finding the correct one. I bought mine in the Netherlands: https://autowolf.nl/nl/obd2/329-elm327-ford-obd2-usb-pc-interface-met-schakelaar.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I've recently picked up a brand new Fiesta Sport Van and I mistakenly didn't add a few options I would like. I thought the car came with standard cruise control (as it has the speed limiter) and the active cruise control was an option (that I didn't want) but turns out it doesn't come with cruise control at all. 

I believe I need either a steering wheel with the buttons or just the buttons by themselves? I approached the dealer to see if they could supply and fit but they said they couldn't do it. They gave my details to an auto electrician who said they don't use Forscan as it's black market software and don't recommend using it so he recommended some crappy third party CC stalk.

I've also like to add the reversing camera and/or sensors. I thought with the Fiesta being so small I wouldn't need them but rear visibility is pretty poor so I think they are useful.

Hi Postman,

With the correct hardware, you should be able to activate the options with Forscan or any other software. Ford should be able to do this, but it's probably something they don't really want to do. Forscan might not be official, but it sure does work well and is pretty safe to use if cautious about backing up. I never had any issues with it. Here in the Netherlands there is service company who retrofits Cruise control using the original Ford parts and software. It's not that expensive, they ask 429 euros for it all-in. I'm sure there must be companies in the UK doing the same? 

There was another topic on here where a dealer forgot to order the CC, and they were willing to help retrofitting it. I can't find it that fast, but maybe it's good to contact the topic starter and see how he managed to do it? Love the lamps on your car btw! I'm looking for a way to install these on my ST-Line X, they were not available for order when I purchased my car.... 

38 minutes ago, Martijn89 said:

Hi Postman,

With the correct hardware, you should be able to activate the options with Forscan or any other software. Ford should be able to do this, but it's probably something they don't really want to do. Forscan might not be official, but it sure does work well and is pretty safe to use if cautious about backing up. I never had any issues with it. Here in the Netherlands there is service company who retrofits Cruise control using the original Ford parts and software. It's not that expensive, they ask 429 euros for it all-in. I'm sure there must be companies in the UK doing the same? 

There was another topic on here where a dealer forgot to order the CC, and they were willing to help retrofitting it. I can't find it that fast, but maybe it's good to contact the topic starter and see how he managed to do it? Love the lamps on your car btw! I'm looking for a way to install these on my ST-Line X, they were not available for order when I purchased my car.... 

Hi Martijn,

This is what I thought, I provided the dealer with all the information but they seemed reluctant to help me. I own a Jaguar as well and their dealers are much the same, they have the right tools to retrofit options but don't want to do it. Do you know the name of the official software Ford uses? Jaguar call is SDD and I didn't realise Forscan was a third party program. I came across the website for that company in the Netherlands who offers that service, it's a shame they are not closer. I haven't found a company in the UK that does yet.

I'll have a look for that topic, thank you! It may be useful. I do indeed love the LED lights and I'm glad I chose them.

Haven't been able to find that post with the person who had missing cruise.

3 hours ago, postmanpat said:

Haven't been able to find that post with the person who had missing cruise.

Here you go!

• Like 1

OK so I have just bought a new steering wheel from eBay that has the correct cruise control buttons. So I guess all I need is a friendly dealer to code them or someone with Forscan?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, postmanpat said:

OK so I have just bought a new steering wheel from eBay that has the correct cruise control buttons. So I guess all I need is a friendly dealer to code them or someone with Forscan?

Thought you would have needed more than the steering wheel. 

On previous cars I've needed brake switch, stalk (on your wheel), loom if missing and some form of reprogramming.