Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Forscan chat

Smartd00d

There’s now an option to enable/disable engine sound effect on Sync 3 in the newest update of Forscan.03c862072263a5b49c72c39f9e681434.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I wonder if there's also options for what sound it generates, as well as just being able to turn it on and off?  I fancy my Ecoboost sounding like a big V8 inside the cabin...  😂

Ford should make it that if you change the setting in Forscan it sounds like Joe Pasquale making engine noises.

• Haha 2

Can anyone test engine sound enhancement in ST Line? Thanks.

Is that enabled as standard I wonder on an ST Line X?    I do find mine quite noisy, I'd happily switch it off.

10 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Is that enabled as standard I wonder on an ST Line X?    I do find mine quite noisy, I'd happily switch it off.

Doubt it, I find if I have any music on at all I can't hear mine!

Anyone tested it out yet? I hope to give it a try sometime soon! Would it affect sound quality? Wouldn't really be happy ruining the B&O sound in exchange for a more sporty "engine" sound.

I've just ordered a cable for this and I'm quite excited to see if it even works on my Fiesta Mk8 at all since i have that wierd Sync "2.5" version on it.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:17 PM, Dediostarrak said:

I bring bad news 😓

We have installed the switch with the CC button and we have activated the CC option in the forscan. (The latest version)

Once we have done everything, we have gone to try it.

As you can imagine from the first sentence, it has not worked.

It is not that the DC button does not work, none of the left switch buttons work. (limiter, volume up, volume down and mute volume)

Is it possible that some fuse is missing by putting?

When passing through a tunnel, the blue light from the bottom of the buttons did turn on.

@Martijn89 Could you send, if it's not too much trouble, a picture of your fuses?

I seemed to see that your car had the CC installed.

Thanks in advance.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:17 PM, Dediostarrak said:

I bring bad news 😓

We have installed the switch with the CC button and we have activated the CC option in the forscan. (The latest version)

Once we have done everything, we have gone to try it.

As you can imagine from the first sentence, it has not worked.

It is not that the DC button does not work, none of the left switch buttons work. (limiter, volume up, volume down and mute volume)

Is it possible that some fuse is missing by putting?

When passing through a tunnel, the blue light from the bottom of the buttons did turn on.

@Martijn89 Could you send, if it's not too much trouble, a picture of your fuses?

I seemed to see that your car had the CC installed.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, you have to go to the SSCM Module in forscan to change the part number for the left hand buttons. Once that’s done all should work normally. I have done this and it works.  

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone turned off start & stop on a fiesta st line of 2018? What codes did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my cable and tried out something basic like enabling trafic sign recognition in the IPC module, and even though i can see in my dashboard screen that two circles have shown up in the right bottom corner, they dont seem to actually recognize signs in any way. I have lane assist and and adaptive cruise control, so i assume this should be enough ?

Also, what has people actually been able to get to work using forscan on our fiesta ?

On 9/20/2019 at 11:54 PM, Da9L said:

I just got my cable and tried out something basic like enabling trafic sign recognition in the IPC module, and even though i can see in my dashboard screen that two circles have shown up in the right bottom corner, they dont seem to actually recognize signs in any way. I have lane assist and and adaptive cruise control, so i assume this should be enough ?

Also, what has people actually been able to get to work using forscan on our fiesta ?

I think a third camera is used for that, aimed specifically at the side of the road. When I look at my Fiesta, I have 3 camera's/sensors mounted. But I'm not sure so maybe you can activate it.

Forscan is fun, but there are not so many things you can configure. What I did or tried:

- Autolock, locking my car when I start driving.
- Sync 3 splash screen, it shows the ST screen when I start the car. 
- Tried: rear lights always on, never got it to work.

On 8/21/2019 at 10:29 AM, Jollyandy said:

There’s now an option to enable/disable engine sound effect on Sync 3 in the newest update of Forscan.03c862072263a5b49c72c39f9e681434.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AWESOME!!!  Can't wait for my elm lead to come, so I can disable this.

2 hours ago, Martijn89 said:

I think a third camera is used for that, aimed specifically at the side of the road. When I look at my Fiesta, I have 3 camera's/sensors mounted. But I'm not sure so maybe you can activate it.

Forscan is fun, but there are not so many things you can configure. What I did or tried:

How did you get the ST splash screen?

How did you get the ST splash screen?

It’s in the APIM menu; btw [mention=94045]Martijn89[/mention] where did you find the LED signature setting please? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 4:29 PM, Jollyandy said:

It’s in the APIM menu; btw [mention=94045]Martijn89[/mention] where did you find the LED signature setting please? 

I dont have APIM, where can i enable it?

On 9/23/2019 at 1:48 PM, Martijn89 said:

My fiesta doesn't have Sync 3.. Its rather wierd, but its listed as Sync 2.5. So i guess the splash screen is not an option for me. Can you take a picture of your sensors ? It would be a good reference for the future, so people can compare their camera setup. 

I managed to also active a Ford Performance option in my small dashboard screen, but that didn't really do anything, other than enabling a red themed digital speedometer option.

I also managed to disable the temperature gauge in the same small dashboard screen, but i re-enabled it again. I was hoping i could find some way to instead show a clock there, since my Sync main screen doesn't show the time when in Android Auto.

Another thing that seems to work, and i actually like, is i disabled the sound chimes which is always being spammed at you when the car is turned on. I set it to Single instead of Multi, and this is completely disabled all the sound chimes though. Have to look further into it.

55 minutes ago, Da9L said:

My fiesta doesn't have Sync 3.. Its rather wierd, but its listed as Sync 2.5. So i guess the splash screen is not an option for me. Can you take a picture of your sensors ? It would be a good reference for the future, so people can compare their camera setup. 

I managed to also active a Ford Performance option in my small dashboard screen, but that didn't really do anything, other than enabling a red themed digital speedometer option.

I also managed to disable the temperature gauge in the same small dashboard screen, but i re-enabled it again. I was hoping i could find some way to instead show a clock there, since my Sync main screen doesn't show the time when in Android Auto.

Another thing that seems to work, and i actually like, is i disabled the sound chimes which is always being spammed at you when the car is turned on. I set it to Single instead of Multi, and this is completely disabled all the sound chimes though. Have to look further into it.

Are you able to show a picture of the ford performance screen please? @Da9L

1 hour ago, DEVSR2 said:

Are you able to show a picture of the ford performance screen please? @Da9L

I will do that later today :) 

Hi, sorry for the late response! Have been quite busy the last days. Heres som pictures 🙂

632157180_IMG_20190926_1511541.thumb.jpg.c839891222e573429094b280b71f7cd7.jpg

149013797_IMG_20190926_1511511.thumb.jpg.9780d81f8d3677e33643caf6df69c755.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Da9L! The setup looks cool. Do you always have yours on? Any issues or functionality which doesn't work?

On 9/28/2019 at 5:35 PM, DEVSR2 said:

Thanks @Da9L! The setup looks cool. Do you always have yours on? Any issues or functionality which doesn't work?

No i actually dont use it like that. Mine is always on the trip computer, with mileage and distance before empty etc. 🙂

On 9/23/2019 at 1:48 PM, Martijn89 said:

I tried activating it, but it doesn't recognize any signs. But i have all the options inside the menus to enable it etc. Can you maybe snap a picture of how your cameras/windshield look ? Then i can compare it to mine 🙂

On 9/28/2019 at 2:45 AM, Da9L said:

Hi, sorry for the late response! Have been quite busy the last days. Heres som pictures 🙂

632157180_IMG_20190926_1511541.thumb.jpg.c839891222e573429094b280b71f7cd7.jpg

149013797_IMG_20190926_1511511.thumb.jpg.9780d81f8d3677e33643caf6df69c755.jpg

Very nice. Thank you. Could you try the option "engine sound enhancement" and see if it works? It should fill the engine sound by playing it through the speaker system. This would be very helpful.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club