Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Forscan chat

Smartd00d

12 hours ago, Bullitt_Ecobeast said:

How much cameras have de Fiesta MK8 In the windscreen???
Mine as this:
05905bfe3e2909afc19c5a89927e05bd.jpg02b1d145e9a0f6bd1f1e5e16ca964117.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

mine, the same as you, Why are you asking? (I have lane asist, and speed limiter, but don't have cruise control)

mine, the same as you, Why are you asking? (I have lane asist, and speed limiter, but don't have cruise control)

I have this camera h1bt-19h406-AB and I have lane assist and speed control, but I think I have to change to this camera for h1bt-19h406-BE drive assist and Traffic Sign Recognition.

5 hours ago, Bullitt_Ecobeast said:

I have this camera h1bt-19h406-AB and I have lane assist and speed control, but I think I have to change to this camera for h1bt-19h406-BE drive assist and Traffic Sign Recognition.

I attachedphoto of  my camera is the "xxxxxx-BE", I also have Traffic sign recognition.

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-04 at 12.45.12.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, recently i started using forscan in my fiesta mk8, but i dont get things clear, i only enabled autolock and ST Splash screen right now, but i want to know.

I tried enabling navigation but it tries to open it on the screen and it shows an error (probably because i have to install the maps) do you guys know how to enable navigation, and where can i download maps if needed?

More things, that i want, but i dont get any solution reading all the pages

Installing rear camera is posible? 

when i enable testing settings via the car touchscreen i can change to different themes for he menus, but when i turn the car off and on it returns to default, there is a way to change theme of the menus via forscan so it doesnt return to default? (i've tried 5 themes that forscan shows, but they doesnt work, and they arent the same as in the testing options, i like the lincoln black theme a lot).

what more things have you managed to enable/change? and how

1 hour ago, Dryyan said:

Hey guys, recently i started using forscan in my fiesta mk8, but i dont get things clear, i only enabled autolock and ST Splash screen right now, but i want to know.

I tried enabling navigation but it tries to open it on the screen and it shows an error (probably because i have to install the maps) do you guys know how to enable navigation, and where can i download maps if needed?

More things, that i want, but i dont get any solution reading all the pages

Installing rear camera is posible? 

when i enable testing settings via the car touchscreen i can change to different themes for he menus, but when i turn the car off and on it returns to default, there is a way to change theme of the menus via forscan so it doesnt return to default? (i've tried 5 themes that forscan shows, but they doesnt work, and they arent the same as in the testing options, i like the lincoln black theme a lot).

what more things have you managed to enable/change? and how

If you have Sync3, you need to change your apim to a nav one to get navigation. The nav apim has more eMMC storage, which allows it to store the maps. From what you've said about being able to enable it, I believe you have a Sync3 non-nav system, so its just the apim that needs to be changed.

You can install a rear camera, if you want to do it cheaply you buy this camera https://www.halfords.com/technology/parking-sensors/motormax-ford-replacement-reversing-camera-806379.html, and this loom https://www.rudiemods.co.uk/index.php?_route_=incartec-27-317-ford-fiesta-mk8-2018-on-sync-2-3-reverse-camera-addon. If you call wherever you buy the parts from they should be able to help you with what you need to do. 

What do you mean the theme doesn't work? For certain themes, you need the theme and the splash screen at the same time for it to work. Have you saved the default forscan apim file before modifying? If you have, revert it back to factory and try doing it again without modifying any other settings on your apim.

7 minutes ago, BustedCeramics said:

If you have Sync3, you need to change your apim to a nav one to get navigation. The nav apim has more eMMC storage, which allows it to store the maps. From what you've said about being able to enable it, I believe you have a Sync3 non-nav system, so its just the apim that needs to be changed.

You can install a rear camera, if you want to do it cheaply you buy this camera https://www.halfords.com/technology/parking-sensors/motormax-ford-replacement-reversing-camera-806379.html, and this loom https://www.rudiemods.co.uk/index.php?_route_=incartec-27-317-ford-fiesta-mk8-2018-on-sync-2-3-reverse-camera-addon. If you call wherever you buy the parts from they should be able to help you with what you need to do. 

What do you mean the theme doesn't work? For certain themes, you need the theme and the splash screen at the same time for it to work. Have you saved the default forscan apim file before modifying? If you have, revert it back to factory and try doing it again without modifying any other settings on your apim.

Hi thanks for the answer, i have sync 3, without GPS, but by default i have a compass, and if i check via Forscan it says that i have motorola connection enabled, so i think it has the gps connections, but what do you mean by changing the apim? is that software or hardware?

Oh thought that the camera was plug and play without the need of the loom

And i'll try the theme with the same splash so i can check if it works, thanks, but i wanted the ST splash with the lincoln black theme, so as you say, i think i cannot get what i want

35 minutes ago, Dryyan said:

Hi thanks for the answer, i have sync 3, without GPS, but by default i have a compass, and if i check via Forscan it says that i have motorola connection enabled, so i think it has the gps connections, but what do you mean by changing the apim? is that software or hardware?

Oh thought that the camera was plug and play without the need of the loom

And i'll try the theme with the same splash so i can check if it works, thanks, but i wanted the ST splash with the lincoln black theme, so as you say, i think i cannot get what i want

Every Fiesta should come with GPS antenna, even non Sync3 Fiestas. I think it’s because of the ford assist system, and to help with some of its other features I’ve forgotten. By apim I mean the actual hardware unit which is behind your instrument cluster. 
The camera needs the loom because the hardware connection doesn’t exist, hardest part is running the wire to the front of the car.

i don’t remember 100% since I did it half a year ago but that is definitely true for the ford gt theme. I updated my system to unofficial 3.4 because of the retrofit I did and I like the standard theme now so I’ve just left it as is.

okey, i´ve tried a few things today but with no success, 1st of all, i restaured everything and tried to change the theme of sync in the Apim "Visual Design Variants" but nothing happened, then i tried to enable, the ford performance speed view, in MyView, in the IPC Module, but it is not shown in my MyView screen, someone knows about how to enable it?

Hi guys (and girls),

Is there someone who has a spreadsheat (Excel) with codes etc. an how to?

I am following this tread with interest from the Netherlands and i have got some codes. 

I already get Logo's from radiostations, autolock and some more.

Maybe there is someone who has organised this stuff??

By the way :-), i am driving a MK 8 Titanium in the color Magnetic Blue.

Thanks a lot so far. Greetings Marijn

18 hours ago, Dryyan said:

okey, i´ve tried a few things today but with no success, 1st of all, i restaured everything and tried to change the theme of sync in the Apim "Visual Design Variants" but nothing happened, then i tried to enable, the ford performance speed view, in MyView, in the IPC Module, but it is not shown in my MyView screen, someone knows about how to enable it?

Have you updated your sync to the unofficial 3.4? If so that's why the themes don't work. If not, and you've already reset your sync3 apim programming, do the following. Email Forscan with your issue, you need to delete your dump files, and then connect the elm adapter to your car, and try to change the themes again so they can see what's going on in the car. Then, attach the dump files to the email and send it to them. If you activate my performance view and it doesn't work, the dashboard display doesn't support it. I've seen it work on some cars, and not work on others. I mentioned it half a year ago to them so maybe in the future they'll try find a fix.

On 4/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, BustedCeramics said:

Have you updated your sync to the unofficial 3.4? If so that's why the themes don't work. If not, and you've already reset your sync3 apim programming, do the following. Email Forscan with your issue, you need to delete your dump files, and then connect the elm adapter to your car, and try to change the themes again so they can see what's going on in the car. Then, attach the dump files to the email and send it to them. If you activate my performance view and it doesn't work, the dashboard display doesn't support it. I've seen it work on some cars, and not work on others. I mentioned it half a year ago to them so maybe in the future they'll try find a fix.

I managed to change the theme and the splash screen at the same time, i realised that because I wanted a lincoln theme, there is an option in the APIM module called "Brand" if i remember well, whish is set by default at "Ford", i choosed "Lincoln" and voilá , it worked, lincoln black theme with ST Splash

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Help, when i connect, it picks up the car fine but only 2 modules. I can't get sccm ir apim etc. Any ideas? I bought the lead where you don't have to flip the switch. Thanks

18 hours ago, Jimbo NI said:

Help, when i connect, it picks up the car fine but only 2 modules. I can't get sccm ir apim etc. Any ideas? I bought the lead where you don't have to flip the switch. Thanks

You need the variant where you flip the switch since they're two different busses. Here is a link explaining https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

• Like 1

Hi folks, i have a 2019 active 1. I've successfully enabled cruise control and auto wipers but i can't get it to list the APIM module. There's some features there I'd like to look at but i can't see it. I use the tunnelrat lead so it's good quality. Anyone any ideas? Cheers folks

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 9:29 PM, Jimbo NI said:

Hi folks, i have a 2019 active 1. I've successfully enabled cruise control and auto wipers but i can't get it to list the APIM module. There's some features there I'd like to look at but i can't see it. I use the tunnelrat lead so it's good quality. Anyone any ideas? Cheers folks

Can you please explain how you managed to get cruise control and auto wipers to work please 

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'm posting this because there is a lot of wuff being talked here. Buy your lead from tunnelrat electronics and spend the extra £3 for the one without the switch.

1. Activate auto wipers, you need to change the sensor in the windscreen if it says light only. Then activate in forscan and in the car on my view. No new stalks needed just up 1 click from off. £20 off eBay. You can reuse the silicone pad just be super careful peeling it off.

2. Splash screen can only be changed on cars with an Apim module, alot of fiestas don't have one. Mine doesn't, balls!!!!

3. Cruise control is easy, by the switch, fit it, activate it in forscan, it won't work. You need to set the switch no. in the sccm, it just doesn't recognise it hence vol etc won't work, no fuses involved. £45 on eBay.

4. You can activate tsr (traffic sign recognition), ahb (auto high beam) and da (driver alert) but you need to change your camera to a model ending in BD, BE etc most come as an AE or AG. £45 on eBay. Most are on for around £100, i just 'made an offer' the guy took it.

5. Low wiper level. You need the switch. On mine the plug was there so easy add. £20 from local breakers, worth it, it's my pet hate. 

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,,

Is there a TPMS relearn feature you can use on the latest version of Forscan ? and will it work on the Mk8 Fiesta. Are you also able to disable TPMS in total ??

Cheers

Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

Thanks to you all i have changed a lot of stuff in my car like the splash screen and auto-lock. But my ELM module doesn't find the MS-CAN modules on my car (mk8)? But he does on my girlfriends car (MK7.5). 

Does anyone have a idea what to do?

15 hours ago, Jelle van der Werff said:

my ELM module doesn't find the MS-CAN modules on my car (mk8)? But he does on my girlfriends car (MK7.5).

First test is to check the wires to the DLC (diagnostic socket) in the car are ok. HS-CAN bus is on pins 6 & 14. MS-CAN is on pins 11 & 3. In both cases, with the ignition off, there should be a resistance reading of 60 ohms across the bus (6 to 14, and 3 to 11). A bad connection just to the DLC would have no impact on the rest of the bus, but cause no connection for Forscan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Forscan question here. I don’t quite know what can actually be controlled through Forscan and is controlled by the OS instead. 

Does anyone know if it’s possible to disable the ‘de-emphasis’ circuit on the FM radio. (To reduce HF noise, all FM stations get a large treble boost applied to them before they’re sent out, and your radio subsequently applies an equivalent treble reduction to normalise the signal, reducing noise with it, going down to about -17db at 15khz).

However stations in Europe have a softer treble boost, but it seems as though SYNC 3 still applies the US de-emphasis, as stations sound dim and muffled over here, even with the treble turned all the way up. If there was a way to modify or disable the de-emphasis and just control the treble via the normal equaliser, it would be much better

From what i understand forscan is diagnostics software that allow you to identify error codes thrown up. Also allows you to toggles options on and off with software programed to your car. It can't do any programing just operate software switches. If the option requested isn't on the list or in menu then no change can be made.

2 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

From what i understand forscan is diagnostics software that allow you to identify error codes thrown up. Also allows you to toggles options on and off with software programed to your car. It can't do any programing just operate software switches. If the option requested isn't on the list or in menu then no change can be made.

Thanks mate, very helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, can anyone give me some advice on how to program the ST odometer interface to a mk8 ST Line? I’ve tired to unlock it through IPC but it just gives me this with no format settings? 

I’m completely new to FORScan so any help would be much appreciated! 

TIA

• 4 months later...

Hi all Just bought a Fiesta ST line. All good except when I look at the admin keys it says there are 3 registered to the car. Dealer said dont worry about it the other key is probably lost or broken. I'm worried that a spare coded key is floating about somewhere which could access my car. Anyone know how to remove an admin key? I have forscan

Thanks in advance

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club