Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Forscan chat

Smartd00d

Thought you would have needed more than the steering wheel. 
On previous cars I've needed brake switch, stalk (on your wheel), loom if missing and some form of reprogramming. 

Programming I’m of course, expecting. Wiring seems to be in place and not sure about the brake switch (the mk7 didn’t need this).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, postmanpat said:

Programming I’m of course, expecting. Wiring seems to be in place and not sure about the brake switch (the mk7 didn’t need this).

Interesting, I simply thought more was involved! Getting Sat Nav working in my MK7.5 was more involving! lol

Good luck! 

Hi guys, we have progress regarding autolock in forscan forums. Users confirm that they can change IPC with latest update, and one user indicated that with the next update that he has a programming mode. I mean with the dropdown menus, and not as built only. We have to check.

3 hours ago, merlin_gr said:

Hi guys, we have progress regarding autolock in forscan forums. Users confirm that they can change IPC with latest update, and one user indicated that with the next update that he has a programming mode. I mean with the dropdown menus, and not as built only. We have to check.

Absolutely great, thanks for the update! That would make it all so much more easy.

I tried the latest version, and can confirm that they added the configuration for the BDYCM and APIM. It works really well, no more messing around with codes: you just select enable or disable for a lot of features. Unfortunately the IPC is not working, though the configuration there is also visible. It seems to be solved in the next version which can be uploaded any time, this gives you loads of parameters to play with. 

I found that there is an option for MyView called "Performance screen". It is the only one disabled and it sounds cool, but unfortunately it's in the IPC. Anyone knows what this screen shows? Can't really find it online. 

Some nice progress though, finally it's a lot more easy (and safe) to use Forscan! 

I think the Performance Screen is something to do with the Fiesta ST, not entirely sure but maybe something to do with the Launch Control/Sport driving mode. 

Hi all, may be a little late in reading this but I assume the splash screen is the screensaver type when you switch on the ignition? If so, does anyone have a pic of the ST display?

9 hours ago, DEVSR2 said:

Hi all, may be a little late in reading this but I assume the splash screen is the screensaver type when you switch on the ignition? If so, does anyone have a pic of the ST display?

I thought so too at first but on the trip computer display, there’s a “configurable” screen called MyView which is why I think it’s something to do with that

On 1/23/2019 at 8:09 AM, merlin_gr said:

Hi Guys,

I can confirm that auto locking at 20KPH now works as does the heated steering wheel and seats buttons in the sync 3 screen.

I emailed the guys at forscan asking when support would be available for latest Fiesta as it was saying "operation failed" at 13% when you tried to reprogram the IPC.

They asked for my VIN then sent me a BETA of Forscan 2.3.20 which, when connected, had all the options as drop down menus in both the IPC and BdyCM.

Aparently support for MKIV Focus now works too.

Hi Guys,
I can confirm that auto locking at 20KPH now works as does the heated steering wheel and seats buttons in the sync 3 screen.
I emailed the guys at forscan asking when support would be available for latest Fiesta as it was saying "operation failed" at 13% when you tried to reprogram the IPC.
They asked for my VIN then sent me a BETA of Forscan 2.3.20 which, when connected, had all the options as drop down menus in both the IPC and BdyCM.
Aparently support for MKIV Focus now works too.

That’s good to know, cheers. What else does that enable to change?

On 1/30/2019 at 12:03 AM, DEVSR2 said:

Yeah, you're right! It is the screen on startup on the big display. It looks really good, and is one of the easiest to change in Forscan. Can't take a picture now, but if you google (images) ST screen forscan you see it right away.

And I was able to set autolock as well with the .20 update, really happy with it. Unfortunately I still can't write to IPC, but I was able to enable it in the BCM. Just one option left I would like to have, but still can't find how: the rear lights always on, now they are off in bright weather whilst the DRL's on front are active. Found some tips on setting parkings lights on, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Yeah, you're right! It is the screen on startup on the big display. It looks really good, and is one of the easiest to change in Forscan. Can't take a picture now, but if you google (images) ST screen forscan you see it right away.

And I was able to set autolock as well with the .20 update, really happy with it. Unfortunately I still can't write to IPC, but I was able to enable it in the BCM. Just one option left I would like to have, but still can't find how: the rear lights always on, now they are off in bright weather whilst the DRL's on front are active. Found some tips on setting parkings lights on, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

I would like the rear lights on as well. My Jag does it with just the front DRLs on the rear lights are on and it’s much better. I think someone mentioned it was a Scandinavian setting.

10 hours ago, Martijn89 said:

Thanks for confirming! I think this would look great - any penalty for doing this change whilst on PCP? (or any Forscan change during PCP?)

22 hours ago, DEVSR2 said:

Thanks for confirming! I think this would look great - any penalty for doing this change whilst on PCP? (or any Forscan change during PCP?)

None, as long as you've saved your asbuilt data, BEFORE YOU STARTED CHANGING ANYTHING, just put the car back to asbuilt when you get rid.

Yeah, and besides that you're not really changing anything on the car which shouldn't be there. It's not like a tune for the engine, which can result in extra wear or damage to the engine. It are options that are available in the system and you just enable. I handed my Fiesta in at the dealership with the ST splash screen very clearly visible, no questions asked.. But like Dave says, if required just set the asbuilt data back and you're good. 

@postmanpat; Yeah I've heard about this being a Scandinavian setting, but haven't found it yet.. I really don't understand why car manufacturers decide to only run the front lights. It's so much safer to have the rears on as well. And I quite like the LED rear lights on the Fiesta, so for looks I'd prefer them too. Hopefully someone finds out how to have them always on!

Thanks for the advice guys 👍 I'll have a play and see what I can do.

Can anyone point to a Forscan beginner guide or similar? I've seen several posts stating not to mess with it unless competent. I work in IT so I'm ok with software but never used Forscan.

I assume there's a trial period of some sort?

@DEVSR2 you can get the full license by signing up on the Forscan forums, allowing you to get the full license key file.

There shouldn't be any need to mess around with hexadecimal codes now - they should just be dropped pdowns with different options so to put back to stock just remember which options you have changed.

On 12/14/2018 at 12:26 PM, Metalzone said:

Hi Aris Gardelis,

Did you lost surround sound, just by changing this hex code line: APIM 7DO-01-02: xxxx x3xx xxxx?

This is one thing i was about to do...

Does anyone know the right code to have the climate menu on the touch screen and maintain the surround and the right distances in the instrument cluster? 

With a 2, instead of a 3, got the correct distances in the instrument cluster. Still, no option to the stereo/surround ... Any guesses?

On 1/22/2019 at 11:42 AM, postmanpat said:

Steering wheel was just delivered.

d1980fe5465cce719e0505c59f2b0721.jpg

Hi,

Any news on this project? 

Have you removed the airbag to install the CC switch?

Regards

Hi,

Any news on this project? 

Have you removed the airbag to install the CC switch?

Regards

Not yet. Been a bit busy.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Like @postmanpat, I bought a steering wheel that brought the CC switch.

If anyone is interested, I attach some photos with the serial number.

Tomorrow afternoon, I will try to place everything and activate it.

I will update with any news.

1.thumb.jpg.1c1ad5c62bddfab11911527547604f4d.jpg

2.thumb.png.b160ea247d729d7a75ac96a31739ad26.png

3.thumb.jpg.c1ba92b0ee56071031c1f2166714e0ca.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 1:56 PM, Martijn89 said:

I tried the latest version, and can confirm that they added the configuration for the BDYCM and APIM. It works really well, no more messing around with codes: you just select enable or disable for a lot of features. Unfortunately the IPC is not working, though the configuration there is also visible. It seems to be solved in the next version which can be uploaded any time, this gives you loads of parameters to play with.  

I found that there is an option for MyView called "Performance screen". It is the only one disabled and it sounds cool, but unfortunately it's in the IPC. Anyone knows what this screen shows? Can't really find it online. 

Some nice progress though, finally it's a lot more easy (and safe) to use Forscan! 

Hi! Can you (or someone else in this thread) share a list of all the settings which can now be enabled (without messing with the hex codes)? Some photos of the forscan screen would be enough.

I'd like to know what exactly I can do before buying the adapter. At the moment I'm interested in the autolock (which I know it's possible) and I want to enable the settings to change the colour of the ambient lighting (I've added the footwell lights to my ST-line, so that option is not in the settings menu).

I bring bad news 😓

We have installed the switch with the CC button and we have activated the CC option in the forscan. (The latest version)

Once we have done everything, we have gone to try it.

As you can imagine from the first sentence, it has not worked.

It is not that the DC button does not work, none of the left switch buttons work. (limiter, volume up, volume down and mute volume)

Is it possible that some fuse is missing by putting?

When passing through a tunnel, the blue light from the bottom of the buttons did turn on.

@Martijn89 Could you send, if it's not too much trouble, a picture of your fuses?

I seemed to see that your car had the CC installed.

Thanks in advance.

I bring bad news [emoji29]
We have installed the switch with the CC button and we have activated the CC option in the forscan. (The latest version)
Once we have done everything, we have gone to try it.

As you can imagine from the first sentence, it has not worked.

It is not that the DC button does not work, none of the left switch buttons work. (limiter, volume up, volume down and mute volume)

Is it possible that some fuse is missing by putting?

When passing through a tunnel, the blue light from the bottom of the buttons did turn on.

[mention=94045]Martijn89[/mention] Could you send, if it's not too much trouble, a picture of your fuses?

I seemed to see that your car had the CC installed.
Thanks in advance.

Bugger.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club