Sign in to follow this  
Smartd00d

Mk8 Forscan chat

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Bullitt_Ecobeast said:

How much cameras have de Fiesta MK8 In the windscreen???
Mine as this:
05905bfe3e2909afc19c5a89927e05bd.jpg02b1d145e9a0f6bd1f1e5e16ca964117.jpg


Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

mine, the same as you, Why are you asking? (I have lane asist, and speed limiter, but don't have cruise control)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mine, the same as you, Why are you asking? (I have lane asist, and speed limiter, but don't have cruise control)


I have this camera h1bt-19h406-AB and I have lane assist and speed control, but I think I have to change to this camera for h1bt-19h406-BE drive assist and Traffic Sign Recognition.


Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bullitt_Ecobeast said:

 


I have this camera h1bt-19h406-AB and I have lane assist and speed control, but I think I have to change to this camera for h1bt-19h406-BE drive assist and Traffic Sign Recognition.


Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

 

I attachedphoto of  my camera is the "xxxxxx-BE", I also have Traffic sign recognition.

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-04 at 12.45.12.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, recently i started using forscan in my fiesta mk8, but i dont get things clear, i only enabled autolock and ST Splash screen right now, but i want to know.

I tried enabling navigation but it tries to open it on the screen and it shows an error (probably because i have to install the maps) do you guys know how to enable navigation, and where can i download maps if needed?

More things, that i want, but i dont get any solution reading all the pages

Installing rear camera is posible? 

when i enable testing settings via the car touchscreen i can change to different themes for he menus, but when i turn the car off and on it returns to default, there is a way to change theme of the menus via forscan so it doesnt return to default? (i've tried 5 themes that forscan shows, but they doesnt work, and they arent the same as in the testing options, i like the lincoln black theme a lot).

 

what more things have you managed to enable/change? and how

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dryyan said:

Hey guys, recently i started using forscan in my fiesta mk8, but i dont get things clear, i only enabled autolock and ST Splash screen right now, but i want to know.

I tried enabling navigation but it tries to open it on the screen and it shows an error (probably because i have to install the maps) do you guys know how to enable navigation, and where can i download maps if needed?

More things, that i want, but i dont get any solution reading all the pages

Installing rear camera is posible? 

when i enable testing settings via the car touchscreen i can change to different themes for he menus, but when i turn the car off and on it returns to default, there is a way to change theme of the menus via forscan so it doesnt return to default? (i've tried 5 themes that forscan shows, but they doesnt work, and they arent the same as in the testing options, i like the lincoln black theme a lot).

 

what more things have you managed to enable/change? and how

If you have Sync3, you need to change your apim to a nav one to get navigation. The nav apim has more eMMC storage, which allows it to store the maps. From what you've said about being able to enable it, I believe you have a Sync3 non-nav system, so its just the apim that needs to be changed.

You can install a rear camera, if you want to do it cheaply you buy this camera https://www.halfords.com/technology/parking-sensors/motormax-ford-replacement-reversing-camera-806379.html, and this loom https://www.rudiemods.co.uk/index.php?_route_=incartec-27-317-ford-fiesta-mk8-2018-on-sync-2-3-reverse-camera-addon. If you call wherever you buy the parts from they should be able to help you with what you need to do. 

What do you mean the theme doesn't work? For certain themes, you need the theme and the splash screen at the same time for it to work. Have you saved the default forscan apim file before modifying? If you have, revert it back to factory and try doing it again without modifying any other settings on your apim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BustedCeramics said:

If you have Sync3, you need to change your apim to a nav one to get navigation. The nav apim has more eMMC storage, which allows it to store the maps. From what you've said about being able to enable it, I believe you have a Sync3 non-nav system, so its just the apim that needs to be changed.

You can install a rear camera, if you want to do it cheaply you buy this camera https://www.halfords.com/technology/parking-sensors/motormax-ford-replacement-reversing-camera-806379.html, and this loom https://www.rudiemods.co.uk/index.php?_route_=incartec-27-317-ford-fiesta-mk8-2018-on-sync-2-3-reverse-camera-addon. If you call wherever you buy the parts from they should be able to help you with what you need to do. 

What do you mean the theme doesn't work? For certain themes, you need the theme and the splash screen at the same time for it to work. Have you saved the default forscan apim file before modifying? If you have, revert it back to factory and try doing it again without modifying any other settings on your apim.

Hi thanks for the answer, i have sync 3, without GPS, but by default i have a compass, and if i check via Forscan it says that i have motorola connection enabled, so i think it has the gps connections, but what do you mean by changing the apim? is that software or hardware?

Oh thought that the camera was plug and play without the need of the loom

And i'll try the theme with the same splash so i can check if it works, thanks, but i wanted the ST splash with the lincoln black theme, so as you say, i think i cannot get what i want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dryyan said:

Hi thanks for the answer, i have sync 3, without GPS, but by default i have a compass, and if i check via Forscan it says that i have motorola connection enabled, so i think it has the gps connections, but what do you mean by changing the apim? is that software or hardware?

Oh thought that the camera was plug and play without the need of the loom

And i'll try the theme with the same splash so i can check if it works, thanks, but i wanted the ST splash with the lincoln black theme, so as you say, i think i cannot get what i want

Every Fiesta should come with GPS antenna, even non Sync3 Fiestas. I think it’s because of the ford assist system, and to help with some of its other features I’ve forgotten. By apim I mean the actual hardware unit which is behind your instrument cluster. 
The camera needs the loom because the hardware connection doesn’t exist, hardest part is running the wire to the front of the car.

i don’t remember 100% since I did it half a year ago but that is definitely true for the ford gt theme. I updated my system to unofficial 3.4 because of the retrofit I did and I like the standard theme now so I’ve just left it as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okey, i´ve tried a few things today but with no success, 1st of all, i restaured everything and tried to change the theme of sync in the Apim "Visual Design Variants" but nothing happened, then i tried to enable, the ford performance speed view, in MyView, in the IPC Module, but it is not shown in my MyView screen, someone knows about how to enable it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys (and girls),

Is there someone who has a spreadsheat (Excel) with codes etc. an how to?

I am following this tread with interest from the Netherlands and i have got some codes. 

I already get Logo's from radiostations, autolock and some more.

Maybe there is someone who has organised this stuff??

By the way :-), i am driving a MK 8 Titanium in the color Magnetic Blue.

 

Thanks a lot so far. Greetings Marijn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dryyan said:

okey, i´ve tried a few things today but with no success, 1st of all, i restaured everything and tried to change the theme of sync in the Apim "Visual Design Variants" but nothing happened, then i tried to enable, the ford performance speed view, in MyView, in the IPC Module, but it is not shown in my MyView screen, someone knows about how to enable it?

Have you updated your sync to the unofficial 3.4? If so that's why the themes don't work. If not, and you've already reset your sync3 apim programming, do the following. Email Forscan with your issue, you need to delete your dump files, and then connect the elm adapter to your car, and try to change the themes again so they can see what's going on in the car. Then, attach the dump files to the email and send it to them. If you activate my performance view and it doesn't work, the dashboard display doesn't support it. I've seen it work on some cars, and not work on others. I mentioned it half a year ago to them so maybe in the future they'll try find a fix.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2020 at 10:55 AM, BustedCeramics said:

Have you updated your sync to the unofficial 3.4? If so that's why the themes don't work. If not, and you've already reset your sync3 apim programming, do the following. Email Forscan with your issue, you need to delete your dump files, and then connect the elm adapter to your car, and try to change the themes again so they can see what's going on in the car. Then, attach the dump files to the email and send it to them. If you activate my performance view and it doesn't work, the dashboard display doesn't support it. I've seen it work on some cars, and not work on others. I mentioned it half a year ago to them so maybe in the future they'll try find a fix.

 

I managed to change the theme and the splash screen at the same time, i realised that because I wanted a lincoln theme, there is an option in the APIM module called "Brand" if i remember well, whish is set by default at "Ford", i choosed "Lincoln" and voilá , it worked, lincoln black theme with ST Splash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help, when i connect, it picks up the car fine but only 2 modules. I can't get sccm ir apim etc. Any ideas? I bought the lead where you don't have to flip the switch. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jimbo NI said:

Help, when i connect, it picks up the car fine but only 2 modules. I can't get sccm ir apim etc. Any ideas? I bought the lead where you don't have to flip the switch. Thanks

You need the variant where you flip the switch since they're two different busses. Here is a link explaining https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks, i have a 2019 active 1. I've successfully enabled cruise control and auto wipers but i can't get it to list the APIM module. There's some features there I'd like to look at but i can't see it. I use the tunnelrat lead so it's good quality. Anyone any ideas? Cheers folks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2020 at 9:29 PM, Jimbo NI said:

Hi folks, i have a 2019 active 1. I've successfully enabled cruise control and auto wipers but i can't get it to list the APIM module. There's some features there I'd like to look at but i can't see it. I use the tunnelrat lead so it's good quality. Anyone any ideas? Cheers folks

Can you please explain how you managed to get cruise control and auto wipers to work please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this