Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Increasing The Turbo Boost

jimmyboiii

does anybody know how to increase the boost pressure on my turbo diesel? or do you have to do it through the ECU?

i want more power through my turbo, my car has got a little kick from the turbo now, but i reckon i can get more boost. and hopefully im goin get it done soon, just wanted some info if anyone else has done this?

does anybody know how to increase the boost pressure on my turbo diesel? or do you have to do it through the ECU?

i want more power through my turbo, my car has got a little kick from the turbo now, but i reckon i can get more boost. and hopefully im goin get it done soon, just wanted some info if anyone else has done this?

I've herd of boys with scoobys either tightening or loosening the coils (screw er out) lol! Then again though the turbos do tend to go in diesels so this would probably cut the life of the turbo shorter.

Bad move. Apart from shortening the life of the turbo it will also put more stress on the engine and transmission. Also I imagine you weren't going to notify your insurance company? So that would void your insurance.

If you want more power buy a more powerful car.

Bad move. Apart from shortening the life of the turbo it will also put more stress on the engine and transmission. Also I imagine you weren't going to notify your insurance company? So that would void your insurance.

If you want more power buy a more powerful car.

it can be done but dont one the pump wioll fail quickly as will the turbo increasing the boost usually causes it to go bang only a proper remap is advised if yoiu want more power leave the turbo alone is the best advice

Not to mention the fact that the 1.8 TDCi diesel has more or less the best turbo available on it. Many folk have tried out other turbo chargers and the consensus is that the stock is by far the best. Remap is a far better idea, but you'll need to declare it.

Not to mention the fact that the 1.8 TDCi diesel has more or less the best turbo available on it. Many folk have tried out other turbo chargers and the consensus is that the stock is by far the best. Remap is a far better idea, but you'll need to declare it.

No one declares a re-map, well I most deffinatly wouldn't. If you crash your car then why would the insurance company, or any one for that matter be looking at the ECU? Even if they did its virtually undetectable unless you are looking for it. As for the turbo idea, I'd leave it be.

No one declares a re-map, well I most deffinatly wouldn't. If you crash your car then why would the insurance company, or any one for that matter be looking at the ECU? Even if they did its virtually undetectable unless you are looking for it. As for the turbo idea, I'd leave it be.

many insurance companies are wise to remaps and have the plug in unit to detect them basically if the car looks like a boy racers with spoilers kit etc they will and do check it

many insurance companies are wise to remaps and have the plug in unit to detect them basically if the car looks like a boy racers with spoilers kit etc they will and do check it

QUOTE - This then allows you to apply different maps where applicable and also restore the original data should you require it. The benefit obviously of this is that it means you have not changed any standard part of the car and therefore warranty is unaffected etc and insurance company’s cant see that the ECU has been physically altered.

QUOTE - This then allows you to apply different maps where applicable and also restore the original data should you require it. The benefit obviously of this is that it means you have not changed any standard part of the car and therefore warranty is unaffected etc and insurance company’s cant see that the ECU has been physically altered.

True, if you are able to flick between maps with a unit that you plug in yourself. But the vast majority of remaps do not come with a unit like this for you to use this feature. It's available. but far more so on VAG PD engines than Fords.

Even if you don't declare, and that is really your prerogative, you are driving around with no insurance technically (because it's not declared) and this is also fraud. Many insurance companies WILL check the ECU map once the car is recovered, as it is in their interests NOT to pay out wherever possible or to find another party guilty of an accident.

This raises an interesting point. Supposing you are in an accident and it then transpires that your car has been remapped by a previous owner. As thesilverfox says this would mean you have been driving technically uninsured, but through no fault of your own. Do you have any comeback against the dealer for selling the vehicle without checking for a remap?

This raises an interesting point. Supposing you are in an accident and it then transpires that your car has been remapped by a previous owner. As thesilverfox says this would mean you have been driving technically uninsured, but through no fault of your own. Do you have any comeback against the dealer for selling the vehicle without checking for a remap?

You are still 100% liable, regardless of whether or not it was your fault the car was remapped or not. However, the previous owner is also at fault for not informing the person whom the car was sold to at the time. Insurance companies will not care for this though - it's down to you the owner, to pursue this outside of your insurance problem.

You are still 100% liable, regardless of whether or not it was your fault the car was remapped or not. However, the previous owner is also at fault for not informing the person whom the car was sold to at the time. Insurance companies will not care for this though - it's down to you the owner, to pursue this outside of your insurance problem.

i see where youre coming from wink.gif but it would lead to all sorts of problems mainly you trying to pursue it in a small claims court remaps are company specific and it iosnt hard to find out who done it then all they need to do is ask when it was done if you owned the car when it was done youre busted many people do it some get away some dont its down to wether or not they want to pay out and they will use any excuse even down to decat non standard exhaust or induction kits aftermarket lights you name it basically they dont want to pay you had it with an old car took me an hour of frantic rushing putting it to standard i kept all the parts before the tow truck turned up to take it to the assessors i was lucky if they hadnt been busy it would have been collected 15 mins after the accident

There is a potentially more serious aspect to this because since you would be driving uninsured you would be open to prosecution. I've not seen this issue raised anywhere else and it would be interesting to know if any unfortunate individual has become a victim.

By the way, artscot79, do you think you could slow down enough to put a bit of punctuation in your posts? They're pretty hard going.

It's definitely something to be cautious of and partly why I like Ford to service my car, as they are able to tell me if the map is an original Ford or not etc., without any hassle.

Simplest thing to do, is to declare changes. Those that don't declare mods are asking for trouble - I've heard that police have been stopping non-standard motors and checking insurance to see if modifications were declared or not. It's not a huge issue right now, but I can see it becoming more frequent in the future, as it is fairly evident that people are not declaring modifications. If I'm hit by someone with mods not declared, the other insurance company will not be obliged to pay up - which means my insurer would have to foot the bill.

I think there are courts about that deal with such events where other parties are not insured and you need to make a claim, but don't quote me on that.

For those that have no tax, licence or insurance, I say take the car and crush it within 7 days. Feel free to disagree, lol, but it's just an opinion. Banning people and imposing fines doesn't work - people repeat the offence time and time again.

It's definitely something to be cautious of and partly why I like Ford to service my car, as they are able to tell me if the map is an original Ford or not etc., without any hassle.

Simplest thing to do, is to declare changes. Those that don't declare mods are asking for trouble - I've heard that police have been stopping non-standard motors and checking insurance to see if modifications were declared or not. It's not a huge issue right now, but I can see it becoming more frequent in the future, as it is fairly evident that people are not declaring modifications. If I'm hit by someone with mods not declared, the other insurance company will not be obliged to pay up - which means my insurer would have to foot the bill.

I think there are courts about that deal with such events where other parties are not insured and you need to make a claim, but don't quote me on that.

For those that have no tax, licence or insurance, I say take the car and crush it within 7 days. Feel free to disagree, lol, but it's just an opinion. Banning people and imposing fines doesn't work - people repeat the offence time and time again.

up my way its become a big thing thay are regularly stopping modded cars and the guys checking know there stuff ive seen them under the motors and they tow them away