Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Relock Not Locking

DavesEdge

21 hours ago, xn85 said:

Mine was enabled by Evans Halshaw in Blackpool 

We've got it covered then, one North and one South!

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Latest on this is that my dealers digging heels in a bit as seemingly do not want to fork out for sorting, still debating this with them.

On another note have managed to obtain the "Vehicle Card" this supposidly is a ford internal only document (so I am led to believe, so will not reveal my sources for document).

The stated build date in this document for my car is 21-3-2016

I am now in the process of going through this multipage document to digest the info contained in it to see if I can find out any more about AutoRelock.

If I do find anymore, then another trip to dealers will be sorted.

On the last visit to dealers, no problems could be found with alarm system, so have left on file.

Still keeping faults diary in car for any others that crop up or any repeats of sorted ones.

As I am now into final year of warranty, I am also seeing about digging for info as to updates that I can do myself, that would otherwise have affected warranty.

Will report any more changes that I come accross.

Happy motoring

Dave

• 5 months later...

Hi All

Having sent both a letter and email to Ford Crc about my car's Auto Relock not working, no answer from letter, but as regards email :-

I have been playing email ping pong with Ford Crc for the last couple of weeks.

The end result being that they have told me (in black and white) that my Edge should have Auto Relock fittrf/working as standard (now we are getting somewhere).

And further on that the matter needs more investigation at dealer level.

Given my lack of faith in my local dealers I asked Ford Crc what the next step of action will/should be.

I have another couple of warranty matters to get sorted out as well, as in my TPMS has twice now failed (with photographic evidence on both occasions)

Guess what the first time my local dealers said - No faults found (even though I showed them the photo). Really! Was what went through my mind

Me thinks another more reputable dealer will be getting my car to sort out properly.

Will post more when I find out more details.

Happy motoring

Dave

When my auto re_lock didn't work, my Ford Dealer got a Ford engineer out for him to sort it, which he did.

2 hours ago, bluepeter said:

When my auto re_lock didn't work, my Ford Dealer got a Ford engineer out for him to sort it, which he did.

Hi BluePeter

My Auto Relock has not worked at all, mainly due to the fact it is not in the menu's in my Edge's dash, which was one of the reasons for my asking about it.

As my previous two 2002 Fords both had it as standard.

My EX local dealers essex ford gave me various excuses including the classic "your car is the wrong shape", or because I had the keys on me when trying it.

Am going to see about going to Lookers in Chelmsford.

Happy motoring

Dave

What you describe above is Auto Lock which is when the doors self lock once the vehicle reaches a certain speed & my understanding is that it is this is no longer fitted to Ford cars for the reasons you give? 

I have just watched a youtube clip of Ford Auto locking (and unlocking) the link is below

I am interested in trying to get my 2017 Edge Sport to "autolock" when the car starts to move, but wondered whether anyone had tried the procedure as "explained" (not very well) in the youtube clip?

I’ve tried that before but it doesn’t work.  Seems the steps to put the car into program mode don’t work on the Edge.  At least not the UK version. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

So, after a day trip to Lookers, Chelmsford, last week, I now have working Auto Relock, yippee.

Its only taken 2.5 years of warranty visits along with various excuses to get it sorted.

They also checked out my Tpms, resetting all the sensors (so they told me) as it gave another fault report on my dashboard as I was driving to Lookers.

Lisa, from Ford Crc was extremely helpful in this matter, even going as far as to phone me up to confirm what lookers had done.

I still intend to do some more forscan tweaks, once my warranty is up. Will let you know how I get on with these later.

Happy motoring

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club