Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash display

NeilRS

Lousy photo but for the first time I had the top circle populated on the dash- no over taking sign 

2182F15B-0A69-40A4-B5A2-03592FD61C40.jpeg

Am using the car in France at the mo and when driving on the motorways the bottom indicator shows the speed limit (130kph) and the top shows 110 kph with the word 'rain' under it. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2018 at 9:53 AM, NeilRS said:

Lousy photo but for the first time I had the top circle populated on the dash- no over taking sign 

I'm jealous now!

"110kph with the word rain".. that's quite cool. I vaguely remember the French having lower speed limits for when it rains on the dual carriageways. The car knows more about driving in France than I do!

Was it raining? 

43 minutes ago, Mike's living on the Edge said:

"110kph with the word rain".. that's quite cool. I vaguely remember the French having lower speed limits for when it rains on the dual carriageways. The car knows more about driving in France than I do!

Was it raining? 

... and did you try the auto speed limiter, and which speed did it use?

Unfortunately forgot to try the limiter - could be interesting - will do next time it rains. Yep it's still 130kph limit  in normal weather and 110kph for rain on french motorways

Alienburt, did the car recognise it was raining and advise 110kph or did it just play safe and give you the lower limit without checking to the weather?

It seemed to happen when the sensors detected rain and the wipers started. Though it could have been a coincidence and 'read' a motorway speed advisory sign at the same time. I'd like to think it was the former though

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2018 at 7:53 AM, NeilRS said:

Apologies, I think this has been covered elsewhere, but I can’t find the topic for the life of me. 

Can anyone tell me how to get the speed in the middle of the dash? - I’ve been through all the options and can only get a compass or sat nav instructions. 

Cheers. 

Is yours a Sync 2 car I.e. an early one? Speed display in centre is only available on Sync 3 cars I think. 

2 minutes ago, KugaEdge said:

Is yours a Sync 2 car I.e. an early one? Speed display in centre is only available on Sync 3 cars I think. 

Embarrassingly, I haven’t worked out if I’ve got Sync 2 or 3 yet! It’s a 67 plate Nov registered. But I guess from what you say, I must have Sync 2. 

Cheers. 

Sync2

Ford-Sync-2-to-factory-822-Screen-2.png

Sync3

IMG_0713_9f3ce465-1a1d-4cbd-ab95-0474042

6 hours ago, Dickie Old Chum said:

Apologies, I think this has been covered elsewhere, but I can’t find the topic for the life of me. 

Can anyone tell me how to get the speed in the middle of the dash? - I’ve been through all the options and can only get a compass or sat nav instructions. 

Cheers. 

The controls on right side of steering wheel change the display in the middle of dash. 

Your should have sync 3 on a 67 plate- I’ve got it in a17 plate. Right hand cursor button on the steering wheel gives you navigation,entertainment and speed options to display. And phone I think. 

1 hour ago, Trent Edge said:

Sync2

Ford-Sync-2-to-factory-822-Screen-2.png

Sync3

IMG_0713_9f3ce465-1a1d-4cbd-ab95-0474042

Thanks Trent Edge - I have Sync 2 - which explains why I can’t get the speed.

cheers all  

67 Plate with Sync2 !!! That is some very old stock. When was the build date of your car? ETIS will tell you that from the VIN. They changed to Sync3 during the builds in Aug 2016.

I do hope you got a good deal and major discount on that one!

Sync 2 isn't that bad unless you want the digital speedo - updating maps is just a case of buying the latest F7 card from eBay :-)

7 hours ago, Yetiman65 said:

Sync 2 isn't that bad unless you want the digital speedo - updating maps is just a case of buying the latest F7 card from ebay 🙂

Is that to update the maps on Sync2? An F7 card?

Turn the lane keeping aid off on the end of the indicator stalk and see if you get the digital speedo in the right instrument cluster close to where the lane keeping aid lines are now.

On my first Edge with Sync 2 it displayed on that screen although that car was manual not auto. 

4 hours ago, Trent Edge said:

Is that to update the maps on Sync2? An F7 card?

I bought the F7 card from eBay late last year as my Aug 2016 Edge (Sync 2) had a F6 card in it when I bought it in March 2017, cost around £40, we’ll see if an F8 version ever materialises 🤓