Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 Rear Shock removal

n_hudson

Was hoping there might be a how2?

Any tips on how to remove and replace them before I start at the weekend?

Should I replace the top mounts too?

Mk3 1.6TDCI Hatchback - totally standard

Cheers!

Not hanging about then? :laugh:  It might not be that lol.  Rear shocks are really easy to change.  There's one single bolt at the bottom - 21mm or so.  Then 2 bolts on the mount at the top behind the arch liner, probably 13mm.  Top mount and bump stop should still be fine.  Removing the top mount from the shock is the hardest part as you need to counter hold the shock to undo the top nut.

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not hanging about then? :laugh:  It might not be that lol.  Rear shocks are really easy to change.  There's one single bolt at the bottom - 21mm or so.  Then 2 bolts on the mount at the top behind the arch liner, probably 13mm.  Top mount and bump stop should still be fine.  Removing the top mount from the shock is the hardest part as you need to counter hold the shock to undo the top nut.

LOL nope. 

I thought I'd start at something cheap and likely to improve the car / ride at least. 

I've seen Monroe Shocks on sale just under £60 for a pair

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club