Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with part ID

Drew65

Hi 

I do hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

I have recently brought a 2015 Fiesta and everything is great until this week when something feel of the windscreen!

Can anyone ID this for me so I can buy a new one with the pads to fix it back up.

Thanks

Andy

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

Just get some decent double sided tape and stick it back on.

That unit houses the autowipers/lights (if you have them) and the emergency call thing for Sync.

Hi Luke

I have tried lots of different tapes/pads but when it's hot the flipping thing falls off!

Also the back has broken into 3 parts so thought I would buy a new one and see what Fords supply with it.

Andy

I've stuck a dozen dash cams on windscreens with the included double sided tape and never had one fall off. You just need to make sure to clean the area with some rubbing alcohol and press hard enough by taking the module out of the holder and only pressing on the back piece of plastic so you don't crack it.

After looking on microcat, that box is actually for the Emergency Control Module, not the rain sensor.

Either way I believe these are the numbers you need. They aren't cheap from Ford though and doesn't look like they come with an adhesive strip from a quick Google.

Windscreen Bracket - 5230528
Module Cover - 1805754

• Like 1

+1 to both of the above posts. You will know if the unit itself is still working, if it isn’t then I would imagine a message would appear on the Sync screen. If it is working then I would try different tape again. Try number plate adhesive tape, that is pretty good stuff and weatherproof. Or try some No Nails tape or Gorilla tape, the external heavy duty stuff. 

As above, I’ve never had a dashcam fall off the screen when I’ve used the supplied 3M tape. And preparation is the key, cut the tape into strips and peel off the backing from one side and secure it to the unit, then clean the whole screen area with IPA solution and allow to dry dry. Then using a heat gun or hair dryer heat the pads that are stuck on the unit to activate the glue, using tweezers remove the backing and then firmly press the unit into position. Get it right first time because you don’t want to have reposition it and ruin it, try and press it for about 3 minutes. Heat will be your friend when it comes to fixing it into place.

14 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

After looking on microcat, that box is actually for the Emergency Control Module, not the rain sensor.

The giveaway is the fact it's stuck on the hatched area with no view...and the mirror has a manual dip switch which would otherwise be part of the auto pack. :biggrin:  There are loads of those on eBay listed as rain sensors. :laugh:  I like 3M pads personally, never had any fall off the screen, heat is the main issue on a windscreen, it's surprising just how hot it gets there, cheap number plate pads can't cope with it in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reply's.

Thought I had cleaned it off real good with the IPA we use in the print company I'm at.

Will get a new Emergency Control Module as it's cracked & try the 3m tape.

Fingers crossed. 🤞

Andy

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club