Sign in to follow this  
tony320

Mk 7 petrol refuelling problem

Hello,

Mk 7 Fiesta Zetac. I'm having great difficulty refulling with petrol. I insert the nozzle according to the handbook and squeeze the handle but after a tiny amount of fuel enters it starts to splash out and then something clicks off and there is no flow. Any further squeezing results in more spillage. I'm taking the car to the Ford garage next week for them to look at this.

I've seen the various threads about getting the nozzle just so, and I've had no problem refulling this car for six years..

My question: As a temporary fix, does anyone know if it is possible to use the funnel that came with the car at the petrol pumps, or it is only for use with a can of fuel? Would filling it up from the pump via this funnell overide or by-pass whatever mayn be causing the refuilling issue?

Tony

If it's a problem with the easy fuel then the funnel would make any difference IMHO

The refuelling instructions in the handbook are confusing and caused me to have early cut-offs when refuelling.  But now I just insert the nozzle with the handle pointing down, squeeze the trigger without lifting the nozzle and  now I have no problem. 

I had to have a new " Easy-Fuel Capless Refuelling System" fitted in my Mk7 as it collapsed inside the pipe, I had been having trouble filling for a while and one day it just woudn't accept the nozzel at all.

Solved. Thanks for your interest and comments. Today  (5th try at a third garage and down to ten miles fuel) it filled as sweetly as ever. Over the weekend I had cleaned all around the cap and flap (it wasn't dirty) and also, as suggested in another thread, inserted the car's funnel several times in and out, in and out. Something changed and I'm very relieved.

PS The Fiesta 2013 handbook (page attached) has more refueling instructions than my 2011 handbook.

fiestafuel.pdf