Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ringing noise like when you run your finger around the top of a wine glass.

yabby4749

This noise happens and is in conjunction with the speed of the car, it is coming from the front area of the car and not the rear. This was happeneing before I had two new tyres put on for other reasons too and is still happening. The noise stops at about 20mph, either that or it is still there and just inaudiable. I have had the wheels checked by my mechaninc before the new tyres were put on and they put it down to the tyres but it is still there.

Any help would be appreciated.

The noise sounds like this but at a slightly higer frequency and not quite as prominent. (0:30)

First thought would be something like a wheel bearing or something stuck between disc and pad, but the former would usually be a low rumble and the latter a grinding squeak...

I will get another mechanic to sit in car with me whilst we drive it.

Could it be a drive belt whining? When I turn on my Aircon in my MK2 focus it makes this kind of noise when driving at slower speeds when accelerating.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Or this maybe? I saw a couple of videos where they spin the pulley and they make similar noises...

i get that. its called tinitus lol very anoying

On 6/9/2018 at 7:21 PM, mrmetallica said:

On 6/9/2018 at 7:21 PM, mrmetallica said:

I have tinnitus and it does sound on par with the noise coming from the car but I know for sure that it is the car. I have managed to hear it when the car is idle and in neutral when accelerating too so it is most likely a pulley.

Try switching the engine off with the bonnet open and see if you can still hear it for a few seconds after shutdown.  It's just an electrical whine, Mk2 and 3 both do it.

7 hours ago, yabby4749 said:

I have tinnitus and it does sound on par with the noise coming from the car but I know for sure that it is the car. I have managed to hear it when the car is idle and in neutral when accelerating too so it is most likely a pulley.

ive suffered it for a lot of years how i ignore it i dont know

A work colleague of mine has tinnitus and to be honest I don't know how he can work with it.

We're both pipe organ tuners and we tune by ear. To constantly have a high pitched whistle in your ear whilst concentrating on the pitch of the pipes that you're trying to tune just makes my mind boggle.

Doesn't seem to bother him though he just says he 'switches that bit off' lol

11 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

A work colleague of mine has tinnitus and to be honest I don't know how he can work with it.

We're both pipe organ tuners and we tune by ear. To constantly have a high pitched whistle in your ear whilst concentrating on the pitch of the pipes that you're trying to tune just makes my mind boggle.

Doesn't seem to bother him though he just says he 'switches that bit off' lol

its a case of switching of or go crazy

Update.

I had a mechanic sit in the car with me and he could hear it too thankfully, he said it was as speaker with a bad earth or bad connection and he checked it, said it had water in it at some point. I will probably get it disconnected.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club