Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ranger 4WD Light Fault

RossH

I have a 2008 3.0TDI Ranger Auto.

If I switch the engine off, and restart it shortly afterwards (e.g. after refuelling) the Low Range 4WD light usually (but not always) illuminates on the dashboard, and the speedometer does not work. Fiddling with the drive switch, and/ or turning the engine on / off does not clear the light.The truck is definitely not in LR 4WD, as it still does 70mph at just below 2000 rpm. After a couple of miles, the light sometimes goes out. If it doesn't go out whilst driving along, stopping and putting vehicle in "Park" can clear the light. However, on Wednesday, I drove 15 miles, and the light remained on. I dropped into my local independent garage. No fault showed  on the vehicle diagnostics, despite the 4WD LR light still being on. 

it is an intermittent fault. Any thoughts, or knowledge on what may be causing it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club