Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front disc Motorcraft branding

n_hudson

Who provide motorcraft parts to ford, namely the braking components?

Or is there a "cheaper" but no less worthy alternative for the Focus 1.6tdci mk3 ?

Pagid discs are good

• Like 1

14 hours ago, n_hudson said:

Who provide motorcraft parts to ford, namely the braking components?

Or is there a "cheaper" but no less worthy alternative for the Focus 1.6tdci mk3 ?

Under the Motorcraft brand name Ford offers a selection of aftermarket parts. These parts are a cheaper alternative to the original Ford (FoMoCo) parts.

The Motorcraft brake discs and pads are basically rebranded Bosch parts. In my opinion the Motorcraft/Bosch brake discs and pads are horrible. The pads are too hard which results in excessive disc wear and sqealing.

The original FoMoCo brake disc and pads are produced by ATE. These are the parts that are factory fitted. The FoMoCo/ATE brake discs and pads are a lot better than the Motorcraft/Bosch brake discs and pads.

Personally i am a huge fan of Brembo brake discs combined with Textar brake pads. On my 1.0 ECOboost I upgraded the 278 mm front brake discs to 300 mm Brembo discs combined with ceramic Textar Epad brake pads. These are really good and even cheaper than the original FoMoCo brake discs and brake pads.

Under the Motorcraft brand name Ford offers a selection of aftermarket parts. These parts are a cheaper alternative to the original Ford (FoMoCo) parts.
The Motorcraft brake discs and pads are basically rebranded Bosch parts. In my opinion the Motorcraft/Bosch brake discs and pads are horrible. The pads are too hard which results in excessive disc wear and sqealing.
The original FoMoCo brake disc and pads are produced by ATE. These are the parts that are factory fitted. The FoMoCo/ATE brake discs and pads are a lot better than the Motorcraft/Bosch brake discs and pads.

Personally i am a huge fan of Brembo brake discs combined with Textar brake pads. On my 1.0 ECOboost I upgraded the 278 mm front brake discs to 300 mm Brembo discs combined with ceramic Textar Epad brake pads. These are really good and even cheaper than the original FoMoCo brake discs and brake pads.

Did you need to modify any caliper mounts in order to put the 300mm discs on? I’m wondering if the discs on my 1.5 tdci are warped, am thinking of changing them; this seems a worthwhile mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The only difference between 278 mm and 300 mm front brakes are the caliper brackets and the brake discs. the calipers and brake pads are identical.

To convert 278 mm front brakes to 300 mm front brakes you need the following parts:

2 Pcs of 300 mm front brake disc.
2 Pcs of 300 mm caliper bracket.
1 pair of brake pads.

I bought a pair of mint condition 300 mm caliper brackets and calipers from a 2016 Kuga for less than 50 Pounds. Despite having a different part number the 300 mm Kuga brackets are fully compatible with the Focus MK3/MK3.5.

ssEwKxN.jpg

The bracket size can easily be identified by the casted number at the front of the bracket.

The only difference between 278 mm and 300 mm front brakes are the caliper brackets and the brake discs. the calipers and brake pads are identical.
To convert 278 mm front brakes to 300 mm front brakes you need the following parts:
2 Pcs of 300 mm front brake disc.
2 Pcs of 300 mm caliper bracket.
1 pair of brake pads.

I bought a pair of mint condition 300 mm caliper brackets and calipers from a 2016 Kuga for less than 50 Pounds. Despite having a different part number the 300 mm Kuga brackets are fully compatible with the Focus MK3/MK3.5.
ssEwKxN.jpg&key=cd9b41204210c84bf2d8904fa0e0364ec90271fed26500cba19b1074d85419f3
The bracket size can easily be identified by the casted number at the front of the bracket.

Thanks, that’s very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry for the link, but are these what I need?

Look at this on eBay

FORD FOCUS C-MAX Front Vented Discs Pads Brake Kit Teves ATE System By Pagid

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F222720534930

Any idea what size my front will be? So much conflicting information out there. I’ve narrowed it to 278 or 300mm... but being a 1.6tdci (115)... it could be any? I’ve tried measuring outside the wheel and I think they’re 278mm... 

The 1.6 TDCI has 278 mm front discs. 

The 300 mm front discs are used on the 2.0 TDCI and the 1.6 ECOboost.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club