Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Parking next to same model.

dtulip8

One thing I’ve noticed with the Focus, what with them being ten a penny round here, is that it’s very easy to park next to another. Because I’m very sad, I quite like doing so. Please tell me I’m not the only one who does so! Also, in the middle pic there were no less than 7 1.6 Zetec’s but couldn’t get them all in shot lol!

C96BD194-43CF-4A77-BE5C-0902820306A8.jpeg

C54C8643-9C78-4FA7-B240-D066CCE81C31.jpeg

FC534A86-44A0-4FBD-AB3F-F04FAD161565.jpeg

I did park next to another fiesta deliberately last week when I visited a friend in Whitby. It was the same colour (deep impact blue), same year (17) but the only difference was that it was an ST (or at least had the ST badging on it). A little lad walked past with his family and pointed out that the 2 cars were the same. 
Then, later that same day on the way home I stopped off at a viewpoint in the moors and there was another fiesta parked up in the viewpoint. Once again it was the same colour and same year as mine. 
I wouldn't say I do it deliberately but I do see a lot of fiestas driving around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's better than me. I'm yet to find an exactly identical. Version of my car.

7x 1.6 Zetec's sounds like the most boring Ford meet ever... "So what do you drive?  1.6 Zetec, you?  Yeah 1.6 Zetec.  Oh I drive a 1.6 Zetec as well...  Me too...  And me..." 😁

Now I drive a mk3 I can't help but park next to others...they're everywhere! 😒 I try not to park next to silver ones any more after trying the wrong door handle twice in one week... :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It does doesn’t it! Only problem with the Focus in the UK is that there is no exclusivity factor whatsoever.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

It does doesn’t it! Only problem with the Focus in the UK is that there is no exclusivity factor whatsoever.

Lol I have to agree. Went to a car show today (Just a general one where pretty much everything was welcome). I'd guess that 1/3 of it was Ford's, mostly ST's with the odd RS.

• Haha 1

Luke, it wasn't one at or near Blackpool was it?

7 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Luke, it wasn't one at or near Blackpool was it?

Might have been... 🙃🙃

I tend to try to park next to a another ST fiesta but nobody near me seems to have one 😞 So I settle for parking next to a ST Line that looks like it gets looked after since they're everywhere

• Thanks 1

There's only one thing for it. I declare the HIGHLANDER PROTOCOL activated.

If you see an identical model, you have to shout out of the window in a Scottish accent, "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!" as you pass the owner.

In related news, the police obviously have no sense of humour. If someone could pay my bail, that would be swell. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, James Drebin said:

There's only one thing for it. I declare the HIGHLANDER PROTOCOL activated.

If you see an identical model, you have to shout out of the window in a Scottish accent, "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!" as you pass the owner.

In related news, the police obviously have no sense of humour. If someone could pay my bail, that would be swell. 😂

I like this plan! Would have to shout it every five seconds though 😂

• Like 1

This would be fun, but although I see the same colour/trim I never see the same engine (always rear drums as not a 2.0 petrol!)

5 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Might have been... 🙃🙃

One of my friends was there with her gold/blue fiesta (she recently changed from a pink one). Some of her friends were there too with their fords

2 hours ago, EddyOS said:

This would be fun, but although I see the same colour/trim I never see the same engine (always rear drums as not a 2.0 petrol!)

I'm assuming the 2.0 petrol is a fairly rare engine choice, wonder how many there are/were?

4 hours ago, Nick Y said:

One of my friends was there with her gold/blue fiesta (she recently changed from a pink one). Some of her friends were there too with their fords

There were quite a few groups sat together with a little portable gas stove/ BBQ lol.

Lol I try not to park next to anyone. Even if there is an expensive car I have to park next to I'd still worry if the owner is careless when walking between cars and opening their doors. I have consideration for both mine and other peoples cars. I've also just machine polished, sealed and waxed my car so will now be extra careful. 

DSC_0467.JPG

_20180610_203948.JPG

_20180612_222223.JPG

• Like 1

I did this yesterday but wasn't quick enough to grab a pic before they left...parked next to another 2012 silver Focus Titanium 1.6TDCi...on the back of a breakdown truck! :laugh: 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Technically this is parking opposite, and it’s a Style not a Zetec but I came back to this today.

F7827C87-E175-4598-906F-F8D02F43B225.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club