Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what is PAM SCAN PATTERN setting in forscan ST Fiesta

540itouring

Hi I have retrofitted a ST alarm system to my Titanium X  but I have a problem with the movement sensor and think it may be a setting to do with PAM SCAN PATTERN ?

Does any one know what PAM stands for or can you tell me what your Mk7.5 Setting is for PAM scan pattern , in Forscan as mine says incorrect or not configured 

Any owners of a ST mk7.5 Fiesta which has interior alarm sensor

the problem I have is interior sensor triggers alarm some times and if tailgate is opened and shut with alarm set is goes off after tailgate is shut

thanks

ford normally refer to pam as parking aid module, 

ok that would make sense as I added a camera and front parking sensors but they are all working fine 

My options are PATTERN 1 (N/A)   or     PATTERN 2   (S/C)

as I have front and rear Pattern 2 ?    any member with camera front and rear sensors can read your PAM scan pattern config please ?

I have literally just retrofit this myself also today, what forscan options did you change? I believe all the following could be relevant

"Interior motion sensor"   =   "02 - Interior Movement Sensor" 

"Alarm"   =   "04 - Alarm CAT 1 (Thatcham Alarm) 

"Acknowledge signal lock/alarm"   =   "02 - Lock/unlock acknowledge" 

"Level sensor - if alarm"   =   ?

"Reset - if alarm"   =   ?

"Passive Alarm Activation"   =   ?

"Panic Alarm"   =   ?
"External alarm unit supply"   =   ?

3 minutes ago, liamstears said:

I have literally just retrofit this myself also today, what forscan options did you change? I believe all the following could be relevant

"Interior motion sensor"   =   "02 - Interior Movement Sensor" 

"Alarm"   =   "04 - Alarm CAT 1 (Thatcham Alarm) 

"Acknowledge signal lock/alarm"   =   "02 - Lock/unlock acknowledge" 

"Level sensor - if alarm"   =   ?

"Reset - if alarm"   =   ?

"Passive Alarm Activation"   =   ?

"Panic Alarm"   =   ?
"External alarm unit supply"   =   ?

I will look tomorrow but I remember setting Cat 1 Alarm and Interior motion sensor and think I played with  ( RESET If alarm   =  Retrigger     but think this is wrong  did not see the other settings you listed. That could be the problem.  retrigger

Have you wired and fitted the sensor and new battery backed sounder yet. If so have you tested it yet ?  I can open the tailgate and does not go off but when I slam it shut it goes off  about a 60 seconds later. I have the sounder fuse removed while I am testing this as was a pain when it kept going off.  I have the option on the screen to disable interior sensor when I turn the engine off but not sure this is working as displayed.    I do not see options for Level sensor , Passive , Panic or External alarm unit supply.

11 minutes ago, 540itouring said:

I will look tomorrow but I remember setting Cat 1 Alarm and Interior motion sensor and think I played with  ( RESET If alarm   =  Retrigger     but think this is wrong  did not see the other settings you listed. That could be the problem.  retrigger

Have you wired and fitted the sensor and new battery backed sounder yet. If so have you tested it yet ?  I can open the tailgate and does not go off but when I slam it shut it goes off  about a 60 seconds later. I have the sounder fuse removed while I am testing this as was a pain when it kept going off.  I have the option on the screen to disable interior sensor when I turn the engine off but not sure this is working as displayed.    I do not see options for Level sensor , Passive , Panic or External alarm unit supply.

I will have to double check all my settings and let you know exactly what I have but so far it seems to be working exactly as it should 

Yes all fit, used the ST parts but used the older grey ST interior light with the newer black ST lights ultrasonic module

What exactly are the conditions your facing?

Is it car unlocked, open boot, close boot, 60 seconds later alarm? Or Car unlocked, open boot, close boot, lock car, 60 seconds later alarm?

What is it that makes you think the setting on screen isn't working? Should be an easy test for example to test do this:

Ignition on, check setting has sensors on, ignition off, open and close drivers door, lock pushing button twice whilst still in car, wait 30 seconds, move around/wave at sensor and alarm should sound

Repeat above with sensor setting off and alarm should not sound

when I fist fitted the st alarm a few months ago now all seamed to work perfect but did not use the boot much. The first problem I noticed was alarm was sounding when weather was cold or damp but no indicators flashing and unable to stop this with the remote. I came to conclusion as no indicators were flashing the alarm had not triggered so must be a faulty sounder. I then fitted another sounder and now the alarm sounder and indicators work together ok. I then had the alarm keep going off but not all the time and came to the conclusion the ultrasonic sensor must be faulty. I replaced the sensor and removed the fuse to the sounder so not sure if it still goes off but if the car is double locked and after a few mins I then go to the boot and open this with the touch button alarm does not seam to go off. When I then shut the boot the indicators flash twice and about 60 seconds later the indicators are flashing . I have no sounder due to fuse out while  testing.  I was wanting to cure the boot problem first and then see how it worked. I still have the standard sounder fitted and connected but did not think this would be the problem as is  now not programmed for that.

I have now seen the extra settings in engineering 2 +hid   .    Did you set yours to external alarm supply  as I did not do that?

Will have to check and let you know tomorrow

Bit confused here but if the cars double locked pushing the boot button it shouldn't open.... or am I reading that wrong?

yes it should as I have keyless entry and as long as the key is in your pocket all you need to do is press the boot button and you can load or unload the boot with the alarm set to on. With no key on you the boot does not open.  

This was how it all worked before the alarm was changed over to the ST version.   Just thinking are the ST cars Keyless ? as if not may be this could be part of the problem but as it all worked with the old alarm I just dot know yet

Do you have keyless entry ?

7 hours ago, 540itouring said:

yes it should as I have keyless entry and as long as the key is in your pocket all you need to do is press the boot button and you can load or unload the boot with the alarm set to on. With no key on you the boot does not open.  

This was how it all worked before the alarm was changed over to the ST version.   Just thinking are the ST cars Keyless ? as if not may be this could be part of the problem but as it all worked with the old alarm I just dot know yet

Do you have keyless entry ?

Mines not keyless, the ST does have a keyless variant though, I have asked the question on an ST forum what settings they have in forscan so we can wait and see that may help

ok thanks for your help

Done some tests today just for you 😄

Here are the results:

Boot - Without keyless I didn't know but if we double press the unlock boot button on the key it unlocks just the boot, after closing it the car goes back to fully locked/alarmed. Tried this a couple of times and left it a couple of minutes after closing the boot and the alarm didn't go off

Interior sensors/turning them off - Tried the settings on my display changed from on to off and the setting works as expected

So for you I would guess you have a settings or 2 wrong in Forscan, it took some playing for me to get mine right but at the moment it all works as expected so hopefully I got it right

See attached pictures for my settings, let me know how you get on and if anything on yours is different

Alarm1.png

Alarm2.png

ok thanks I will check to see what I have. I tested my boot again today and the first open / close it went off after about 60 seconds but did not go off the next three open closes. I would check yours a few times to confirm its ok as mine does not always do it. I wondered if it needs the external supply to be configured as the car would not have had this set when built ?

On Mon Jun 11 2018 at 11:22 PM, 540itouring said:

ok thanks I will check to see what I have. I tested my boot again today and the first open / close it went off after about 60 seconds but did not go off the next three open closes. I would check yours a few times to confirm its ok as mine does not always do it. I wondered if it needs the external supply to be configured as the car would not have had this set when built ?

I don't have this setting on and I can't seem to replicate your issue

Have you checked your settings match mine and done any more testing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 11:22 PM, 540itouring said:

Did you get anywhere with this?

Spent some time on it today and done lots of tests and now 100% happy I have the right settings for this mod

I have attached a picture and in that you can see my current settings on the left and when loading a backup file my old settings on the right so the important ones are:

Alarm - Needs to be changed to: Alarm CAT 1 (Thatcham Alarm)
Level Sensor - Needs to be changed to: Level Sensor
Interior motion sensor - Needs to be changed to: Interior Movement Sensor

And that is it! Just those 3 settings need to be changed, have confirmed this through various tests and using asbuilt from ST's with alarm fitted from factory (although if I'm honest I have no idea what/if the level sensor change does anything or where this sensor actually is?)

Forscan Changes.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club