Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power steering flush

dtulip8

Hi everyone,

im gonna be doing a complete flush of the power steering fluid as I don't think it's been changed ever! Would somebody be able to point in the right direction of how to do this, specifically which hoses need undoing to drain out the fluid. Looked on YouTube but there isn't a clear guide specifically for the mk2 which is irritating. It's for the 1.6 non Ti-Vct as well. I'll be using Comma central hydraulic fluid, is this correct for the car?

Cheers!

Could anyone show me where the jacking points are? Tries to use the indent but it made a nasty noise when jacking up which worries me a bit!

• 9 months later...
On 6/11/2018 at 12:26 AM, dtulip8 said:

Hi everyone,

im gonna be doing a complete flush of the power steering fluid as I don't think it's been changed ever! Would somebody be able to point in the right direction of how to do this, specifically which hoses need undoing to drain out the fluid. Looked on YouTube but there isn't a clear guide specifically for the mk2 which is irritating. It's for the 1.6 non Ti-Vct as well. I'll be using Comma central hydraulic fluid, is this correct for the car?

Cheers!

Did you ever get around to doing this? 

I did, I just used a turkey blaster to pull all the fluid from the reservoir. I then turned the steering back and forth a few times to force more fluid into the reservoir. I repeated this a few times before putting the fresh fluid in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I did, I just used a turkey blaster to pull all the fluid from the reservoir. I then turned the steering back and forth a few times to force more fluid into the reservoir. I repeated this a few times before putting the fresh fluid in.

Love the Turkey Blaster Idea Daniel , I have just bought two very large syringe`s to do the same.

cheers

Alan

• Like 2

It is a surprisingly good method!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2018 at 12:26 AM, dtulip8 said:

Hi everyone,

Cheers!

What fluid did you end up using? And what year mk2 was this?

I used Comma Central Hydraulic Fluid from Halfords and it was a 2006 Focus.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:36 AM, dtulip8 said:

I used Comma Central Hydraulic Fluid from Halfords and it was a 2006 Focus.

Awesome, was the fluid in the Reservoir green then I'm guessing?

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 12:17 AM, dtulip8 said:

It was yes

Damn, mines red. Don't know what comma fluid to use now 😞

If the fluid already in there is red, keep using the red stuff. If not, use green as you shouldn’t mix different types of fluid.

19 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

If the fluid already in there is red, keep using the red stuff. If not, use green as you shouldn’t mix different types of fluid.

Only issue is, I'm not sure which comma fluid is the red one

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club