Yokomoko

Traffic Sign Recognition changed to KM/h

Hey we have some crappy speed awareness program going on with an estate agent where we live (Miles & Barr) which have road sign-like for-sale signs. My car picks them up as 100 signs. I think this might have triggered a switch to KMPH now from MPH since I had it set  to flash if I was 5 mph over the speed limit and now it starts to flash at like 26 on a 30, and in the settings for it, it says 5kmph over, not MPH.

Is there a way to change this? In the settings on the Ford Sync it is set to MPH, so is there a fuse or something I can unplug and plug back in to reset this? It's mildly infuriating.

When mine did this I could find no way in the settings to correct it. After a couple of days it sorted itself out.

3 hours ago, Yokomoko said:

Hey we have some crappy speed awareness program going on with an estate agent where we live (Miles & Barr) which have road sign-like for-sale signs. My car picks them up as 100 signs. I think this might have triggered a switch to KMPH now from MPH since I had it set  to flash if I was 5 mph over the speed limit and now it starts to flash at like 26 on a 30, and in the settings for it, it says 5kmph over, not MPH.

Is there a way to change this? In the settings on the Ford Sync it is set to MPH, so is there a fuse or something I can unplug and plug back in to reset this? It's mildly infuriating.

There's a simple answer to this problem. Doesn't involve menus, or any electronics.

STICK TO THE SPEED LIMIT.

I think the op is saying that the system (which he has no control over and didn't necessarily opt for if buying the car second hand, btw) is now warning him at speeds LOWER than the speed limit.

I don't particularly think it's necessary to tell people on (this) cars and driving based forum that it is necessary to abide by the rules of the road to solve their problems, or this would be a very limited forum indeed.

This isn't TalkFord...

a bit late to the party, but I've had this regularly crossing between Northern Ireland and Ireland.   I've found switching the measurement units, KMPH, switching car off for 10 mins, switching back to MPH, and switching off, and then switching back on and driving as usual, normally forces a reset to MPH in a few miles.   Your digital speed readout will change when you do this.   My car is set to KM normally, but as It's a UK car, speed limiter and cruise control are still in MPH.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:00 PM, Phil21185 said:

This isn't TalkFord...

Or pistonheads!

I have the same problem here in Germany with my Ford Kuga. Everything is set to KMH, however the signs recognition warning shows MPH and i'm not able to change that back to KMH.

I've tried the above mentioned solution but it didn't work.

Does someone have any other hint/suggestion?

if you input a destination in the sat nav will it start to behave ?  I was reading another forum, seems they pick up the limits signs posted on the back of lorries as well

No, still the same rubbish. Quite frustrating