Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duel tone horn is now single.

Diastolic

So I just had to use my horn. For the first second it was duel and sounded normal then suddenly went quiet with a single tone. 

Any ideas on how to fix? 

Cheers guys! 

I don't honestly know how they work, but I would assume two horns wired in parallel to the steering switch, through a fuse and other associated modules in the car.

If the horn only has one fuse, it can't be that. If there's only one contact for the switch in the steering wheel it can't be that, so logically (and assuming the simplest form of function) there must be a bad connection to your second horn, or the second horn has failed. 

Do you know where it is physically in the engine bay and would you be able to get a tester on it?

Is this on a focus or Fiesta, sorry it’s just that your bio says 2013 Fiesta. I know that my 2017 focus is just a crap single tone horn ☹️ I’m going to look into changing it to a two tone one, preferably something like the EC9 which is a snail type horn. The two tone horns are normally as Phil describes they are wired from a single switch with a single fuse and run in sequence, so it could be that there is a poor connection but in past experience these horns do fail easily and need to be replaced rather than repaired

I've always wanted to fit a train horn lol

Got room for the compressor in my estate as well.....

Can someone hold my beer while i get me spanners.....

😄

• Like 1

Me too, well a truck horn. That would put a smile on my face!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club